Balenciaga Hip - yay or nay

Sorry to hijack, but since we're on the topic of the hip bag...can anyone tell me what it looks like inside the outside zip pocket? All my Bal bags have the same plain black cloth as the interior of the bag, however, a recent purchase of my 1st hip bag from eBay has matching leather inside the front zip pocket. Should I be suspicious of it's authenticity?

Presenting my Balenciaga Metallic Edge Hip in black with silver hardware!
3EC70A0F-7B72-4E9D-B5E1-A74EE8350AA0.jpg
I've had this beauty for the past few days and am loving it. The goatskin feels so much more durable than my agneau leather City.

@plastictresses
The strapdrop at the shortest setting which is what I am using is ~53 cm (21 in). I am about 158 cm or 5'2", so the shortest setting fits me perfectly.Here are some mod shots:

Worn on one shoulder
4CC0A70A-6A72-4D87-A27A-087EB1E9427A.jpg

Worn as crossbody
3B14D9E0-0A04-478C-BD9F-33C2AC0ABDC3.jpg

It is a very small bag, so can only really fit in the essentials. I can fit my iPhone 6+, card case, coin pouch, tissues, handsanitiser and sunglasses in a soft case. If I need to, I can also squeeze in my compact camera. The internal zippered compartment is a decent size and can fit my phone. There is also a small slip pocket which I can only fit a couple of lipsticks or my small hand sanitiser. Here is a view of what it looks like inside:
BBE0A9AB-7549-4922-976A-4001D4D86A13.jpg

I also have a Gucci Soho Disco in black with gold hardware. Despite them looking similar in size, the Disco can fit a lot more in because has more depth, also the opening of the Disco is a lot wider because the zipper extends past the top on each side. I love both bags! Here is the Hip compared with the Disco:
E20A1065-EDC2-438E-B4C2-C37ABDEE7CBE.jpg

I hope these pictures help someone else on the fence about the Hip!

Sorry to hijack, but since we're on the topic of the hip bag...can anyone tell me what it looks like inside the outside zip pocket? All my Bal bags have the same plain black cloth as the interior of the bag, however, a recent purchase of my 1st hip bag from eBay has matching leather inside the front zip pocket. Should I be suspicious of it's authenticity?

My Hip has a strip of matching leather under the zip and it is black cloth fabric for the rest of the pocket.
4B501AD6-056C-47A9-8CE3-1C36D6599EFA.jpg

Reactions: Modtiki71
View attachment 3571021
I've had this beauty for the past few days and am loving it. The goatskin feels so much more durable than my agneau leather City.

@plastictresses
The strapdrop at the shortest setting which is what I am using is ~53 cm (21 in). I am about 158 cm or 5'2", so the shortest setting fits me perfectly.Here are some mod shots:

Worn on one shoulder
View attachment 3571020

Worn as crossbody
View attachment 3571025

It is a very small bag, so can only really fit in the essentials. I can fit my iPhone 6+, card case, coin pouch, tissues, handsanitiser and sunglasses in a soft case. If I need to, I can also squeeze in my compact camera. The internal zippered compartment is a decent size and can fit my phone. There is also a small slip pocket which I can only fit a couple of lipsticks or my small hand sanitiser. Here is a view of what it looks like inside:
View attachment 3571023

I also have a Gucci Soho Disco in black with gold hardware. Despite them looking similar in size, the Disco can fit a lot more in because has more depth, also the opening of the Disco is a lot wider because the zipper extends past the top on each side. I love both bags! Here is the Hip compared with the Disco:
View attachment 3571024

Beautiful! I have the exact same pair except that my Hip has gold hw. Loving them both too!

Reactions: julietoscar
View attachment 3571021

@plastictresses

Worn on one shoulder
View attachment 3571020

Worn as crossbody
View attachment 3571025

View attachment 3571023

View attachment 3571024

thanks for the pics and helpful information, your hip is beautiful ... the disco too!

@julietoscar THANKS SO MUCH for the mod shots.... I think this will be too long on me even as a crossbody...
I love the comparison shots of the Gucci Soho... but that might seem too long on me.
I'm currently using Mansur Garviel's mini mini bucket (smallest size) as a small crossbody bag - that fits me pretty well for my height at 150cm