Balenciaga Hip Crossbody

x_6543

Apr 4, 2008
Does anyone know if they changed the bale on this recently? I noticed that the bale on this bag is part of the leather strap now whereas on the pictures I see on ebay it was a metal lever.

Apr 25, 2012
x_6543 said:
Does anyone know if they changed the bale on this recently? I noticed that the bale on this bag is part of the leather strap now whereas on the pictures I see on ebay it was a metal lever.
I was wondering the same thing! I was looking at a hip yesterday in Nordstrom and the strap attached straight to the rings. I was looking at a 2010 Sahara hip on eBay and I noticed the lever. I think the current style looks much better.

Silversun

Apr 28, 2011
London
Yeah, I think they changed it during 2012. I have one from S/S12 (I think? Vert Poker) and it still has the clasp, but the season after that they changed it.

Personally I like the clasp, because it means you can double-loop the strap and wear it as a shoulder bag. The current strap only allows you to adjust a small amount for crossbody, and you can't double-loop anymore.

Apr 25, 2012
Silversun said:
Yeah, I think they changed it during 2012. I have one from S/S12 (I think? Vert Poker) and it still has the clasp, but the season after that they changed it.

Personally I like the clasp, because it means you can double-loop the strap and wear it as a shoulder bag. The current strap only allows you to adjust a small amount for crossbody, and you can't double-loop anymore.
That's good to know! Thanks for the info! I'm looking to buy a hip and that may persuade me to go the pre-loved route! :smile: