Balenciaga Help... Violet/Ivory?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. If you have to choose one color of balenciaga. Would you choose the violet or ivory? I REALLY LOVEEE :love::love::love: the violet, but it's pony instead of leather. On the other hand, the ivory can be a great spring/summer bag, and plus it's all leather. I like the shape of the leather better. I'm so confussed now. HELLLPP...!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Well ... to add fuel to the fire ...

I have a White Voyage/Weekender, and you know what ... I've never used it!!!!! Why? Because the lighter the color, the dirtier it gets (and quickly - unfortunately). I also have the Seafoam Voyage/Weekender, and unlike the darker-colored bags, the light bags (especially in leather) show the dirt and use more so than the darker or pony bags.

I'm not usually a violet/purple person per se, but I must say, I really like the Violet Pony Bag. I've seen it "in person" at Louis of Boston, and I really like it. My vote - VIOLET!!

3. I'm not a fan of the pony hair bags in any color. I prefer the all leather bags. I have a cornflower City and I just got a white Twiggy. I enjoy using a white bag in the summer so I don't worry too much about getting it dirty. I will try to be careful with it, but I know I'll use it all summer long. I'd say get the ivory.

4. Does anyone have a picture of the Ivory color? A couple of seasons back, Balenciaga had an Ivory (Calcaire - I think?!) ... anyhow, it always looked like it had been dragged through some mud (at least to me).

5. 1whi.jpg

This season's white/ivory.

6. CeeJay, I think this bag may be the calcaire color.
    [​IMG]

7. I vote the ivory :smile:

8. Love the violet but if it were me, I'd tire of it quickly. My vote is for ivory.

9. Ivory all the way. :amuse:

10. is this ivory the twiggy or city?

11. Definatley go for the leather! I do not like Ponyhair!!!!!

12. I love the balenciaga bags in white - but, be sure if this is the color you want that you are prepared for the consequences of a white bag.

13. Oh definitely ivory (aka calcaire) unless it's white, which is just a stark white if you're comparing it to the pony hair. Everywhere I've gone that was selling b-bags, they had a plethora of pony hairs laying around. They're even more expensive and will eventually bald in high friction areas. The violet is stunning but I don't think the hair is versatile anyway.

14. Thanks everyone for the feedback!... I'm still confused.. Hopefully in a couple of days.. I've made a decision...

15. i would go for violet. but the new violet. in Barneys they have the bags in a baby purple. its GORGEOUS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice