Balenciaga heart break!

Apr 25, 2012
So I'm gonna vent for a minute! As most (or all) of us are here, I'm super Bal obsessed! I've actively been trying to be choosier in my purchases, ya know responsibility, I'm a parent, blah blah blah! I'm trying to not be so impulsive to purchase. As a result I've missed out on several bags that I REALLy did want and have been kicking myself over. I'm beginning to hesitate and I have the opposite of buyers remorse!

This one takes the cake though. I've been waiting for what seems like forever for MY perfect bal red. On my list (in order) are 05 rouge theatre, 08 ruby and 10 sang. Last night a found a rouge theatre city on eBay from a fellow tPFer, in excellent condition, perfect even faint distressing, with an unbelievable price (starting bid $1035, BIN $1225). I was tired and I wanted to "think" about it over night. This morning at 7am I went back to purchase it, because I was CRAZY not to in the first place! And it was gone :crycrybaby: Ugh! Why did I wait? All I can hope is that another lovely lady on this forum snatched up that beauty.

Lesson learned! :sad: Can anyone else relate?

Oh I saw that RT. I'm sorry you missed out on it but I'm sure that we have all been there. I know I have MORE than once. Just think of it as a message that a more perfect bag for you in somewhere, just waiting to be listed.

It's so hard sometimes. I'm in the same boat. I am a parent and trying to be responsible too. However, you certainly can have your little list of dream bags. I try to make the best choices too. I LOVE red bags. I've sold some amazing red Bals and miss them so much. In my ideal world, I would have kept all of them, just so I can gaze upon them periodically.

Hang in there...the heartbreak will just be a mild (yet consistent) longing. We have all been there, girl.

hrhsunshine said:
Oh I saw that RT. I'm sorry you missed out on it but I'm sure that we have all been there. I know I have MORE than once. Just think of it as a message that a more perfect bag for you in somewhere, just waiting to be listed.

It's so hard sometimes. I'm in the same boat. I am a parent and trying to be responsible too. However, you certainly can have your little list of dream bags. I try to make the best choices too. I LOVE red bags. I've sold some amazing red Bals and miss them so much. In my ideal world, I would have kept all of them, just so I can gaze upon them periodically.

Hang in there...the heartbreak will just be a mild (yet consistent) longing. We have all been there, girl.

Hrhsunshine you are always so sweet and helpful! Thank you! I hope the longing will begin to pass soon. The problem is that I'm a very compulsive person by nature! Add a bal obsession and its just trouble!

I figured you love your reds! I always ogle your avatar! :smile:

This has happened to me also.

For about 3-4 months there was this Cyclamen City, it was mildly used and in the pictures it still looked in mint condition. The seller put it down to $999 USD which was only about $950 AUS.

For some reason I thought I didn't need it. Now I really regret it. This is my holy grail at the moment. A city in RH in either a pale magenta, magenta or cyclamen. I feel I need a bright pop of pink in my collection and that that will be it for me (and pigs are flying).

I think with time and patience, I know in my heart of hearts that one day this will pop up and it will finally be mine and when that day comes I'll prob end up wanting something completely different. Hahaha the never ending bag coveting.

For about 3-4 months there was this Cyclamen City, it was mildly used and in the pictures it still looked in mint condition. The seller put it down to $999 USD which was only about $950 AUS.

For some reason I thought I didn't need it. Now I really regret it. This is my holy grail at the moment. A city in RH in either a pale magenta, magenta or cyclamen. I feel I need a bright pop of pink in my collection and that that will be it for me (and pigs are flying).

I think with time and patience, I know in my heart of hearts that one day this will pop up and it will finally be mine and when that day comes I'll prob end up wanting something completely different. Hahaha the never ending bag coveting.
That is what happened with me. Wanted my perfect red bag to be my bal...instead I just bought a ysl cabas chyc and have no more desire for that red bal bag. I'm glad we can all relate :roflmfao:

So I'm gonna vent for a minute! As most (or all) of us are here, I'm super Bal obsessed! I've actively been trying to be choosier in my purchases, ya know responsibility, I'm a parent, blah blah blah! I'm trying to not be so impulsive to purchase. As a result I've missed out on several bags that I REALLy did want and have been kicking myself over. I'm beginning to hesitate and I have the opposite of buyers remorse!

This one takes the cake though. I've been waiting for what seems like forever for MY perfect bal red. On my list (in order) are 05 rouge theatre, 08 ruby and 10 sang. Last night a found a rouge theatre city on eBay from a fellow tPFer, in excellent condition, perfect even faint distressing, with an unbelievable price (starting bid $1035, BIN $1225). I was tired and I wanted to "think" about it over night. This morning at 7am I went back to purchase it, because I was CRAZY not to in the first place! And it was gone :crycrybaby: Ugh! Why did I wait? All I can hope is that another lovely lady on this forum snatched up that beauty.

Ouch!
They keep coming up honey....so don't feel too bad. And yes, I think we have all kicked ourselves for not acting fast....but I bet that same impulse to sleep on it has saved your butt many times!

PinkPeonies said:

I think we have a lot in common! I'm always wanting just "one more" and then I swear I'll be satisfied. Just never works that way for me! Hope you find your HG and its still your HG! :smile:

maxxout said:
Ouch!
They keep coming up honey....so don't feel too bad. And yes, I think we have all kicked ourselves for not acting fast....but I bet that same impulse to sleep on it has saved your butt many times!

Thanks Maxxout! Yes I'm trying to develop this impulse to wait! Maybe it will be a good thing in the long run! I know DH thinks so! :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that, nicoleadrianna. I've certainly been there before.. It's a never ending quest!

PinkPeonies, those three pinks are my HG too!! :nuts:

Hrhsunshine you are always so sweet and helpful! Thank you! I hope the longing will begin to pass soon. The problem is that I'm a very compulsive person by nature! Add a bal obsession and its just trouble!

I figured you love your reds! I always ogle your avatar! :smile:

It definitely will pass. As we have said and read many times, part of the fun and addiction of Bals is the hunt.

I ogle my avatar too! :giggles: