Balenciaga Handle Help

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
Hi all!! I'm new to posting but I've been reading the boards for forever. Question...I just purchased this bag for a steal and one of the handles looks like this..is there any saving it? Thank you!!

Attachments

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
Mar 31, 2012
You got the bag for a steal because of the handles. To properly fix them, it's going to cost a few hundred if you go through Lovin My bags.
Other than her, I don't know anyone else who would do it. If you're in NY, you can try ArtBag - but they're probably more expensive than Lovin My Bags and I know from firsthand experience, they don't like working on Bal moto bags.

Last edited:

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
Mar 31, 2012
You don't see twillies on Bal bags really, but maybe go that route?
I have considered it on a bag I have with dark handles, but something about a twilly on a Bal moto rubs me the wrong way. I think it loses a lot of that "moto" feel.
But, I have read here that some do.

Reactions: 2cello

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
Thanks ladies! The rest of the bag looked great, just needed to be cleaned and conditioned so I took a chance. I thought about a twilly but wasn't really sure. I saw these handle covers on etsy that you can get in colors so that may work.

jillybee

Nov 12, 2011
I had the same issue with a pre loved Part Time black bag. Handles were in bad shape and the cobbler I go to who restores leather said he couldn't really repair it. I purchased two twilly scarves on Amazon and they actually look really cool. I got something subtle, black with some pink and yellow running through them. They blend nicely with the bag and give it a small pop of color.