Balenciaga Faded leather help...

Feb 25, 2009
I have had this bag since 2011 but I haven't done anything to the bag. I have attached a photo so you can see and maybe suggestions of what I need to do to the bag to get it looking better. Is it suppose to look like this after a few years or am I suppose to condition it? redye? I have no clue.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 558
I think your bag still looks beautiful. I wouldn't redye it - it looks like all it needs is some TLC. This was said in another thread, but do try Leather Honey first and see how it turns out! Just a small dose of Leather Honey can do a good job in restoring the moisture and colour in leather, and usually that's all the bag needs. Just put several thin layers of LH and there will be a difference. I only recommend dyeing it if it has discolourations or stains, which I don't think your bag has.

Ohh thanks?! Do you think nourishing cream from bal will do the same?

No problem :smile: Leather Honey is definitely a lot more potent for moisturising; it's thicker and saturates the leather. The Bal Nourishing Cream is good to restore shine - I just put a bit on and buff. It doesn't do much to revive colour or moisture imo, but does give an older bag a nice polish.

Reactions: Handbaghandbag
You should consider applying Meltonian Shoe and Boot Cream (or something similar). It comes in a variety of colors, so you should be able to find a close match. Shoe polish is great for giving bags a color boost. I believe there are a few existing threads with before and after pictures.

You should consider applying Meltonian Shoe and Boot Cream (or something similar). It comes in a variety of colors, so you should be able to find a close match. Shoe polish is great for giving bags a color boost. I believe there are a few existing threads with before and after pictures.

Thanks! I will look. I am just scared I may ruin the bag just putting something on :/ So what exactly is the purpose of the bal cream anyway?

I think your bag still looks beautiful. I wouldn't redye it - it looks like all it needs is some TLC. This was said in another thread, but do try Leather Honey first and see how it turns out! Just a small dose of Leather Honey can do a good job in restoring the moisture and colour in leather, and usually that's all the bag needs. Just put several thin layers of LH and there will be a difference. I only recommend dyeing it if it has discolourations or stains, which I don't think your bag has.

I agree, don't do anything beyond a little Leather Honey or creme - your bag looks lived in and bohemian. I saw about 20 Balenciagas being carrying between 70th and 50th streets in manhattan last weekend. The women carrying the more beat up ones just looked better to me. The newer/stiffer leather (of which I own two,) just doesn't have that same cool moto vibe as a softened and faded one. A few ladies with the stiff and precious post 2012 purses just had more of a Celine/Prada look to me. Nothing wrong with that, just a different vibe.

I agree, don't do anything beyond a little Leather Honey or creme - your bag looks lived in and bohemian. I saw about 20 Balenciagas being carrying between 70th and 50th streets in manhattan last weekend. The women carrying the more beat up ones just looked better to me. The newer/stiffer leather (of which I own two,) just doesn't have that same cool moto vibe as a softened and faded one. A few ladies with the stiff and precious post 2012 purses just had more of a Celine/Prada look to me. Nothing wrong with that, just a different vibe.

I just used the bal cream and it made my bag look so much better. I'll post a pic later. :biggrin:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19