Balenciaga Experts: Help!

I like buckhead.. and vinnings.. I really want to live there if I decide to stay in US permanently.. But I highly doubt it.. since I have the obligation to go back and help with my dad's business. :sad:

wellow said:
I like buckhead.. and vinnings.. I really want to live there if I decide to stay in US permanently.. But I highly doubt it.. since I have the obligation to go back and help with my dad's business. :sad:

can't go wrong with buckhead, my mom grew up in a neighborhood on West Paces Ferry, it's a wonderful area. vinings is really coming along as well, i can remember 10 years ago it wasn't nearly as nice. now it's a very young area which makes it a lot of fun. sorry to hear you probably won't be hanging around, though :sad:

Go for the red! I love mine!

Georgia is one of my favorite states. My mother used to live in Dunwoody and now lives in Southwest GA near the the Florida and Alabama border. I plan on moving to GA in 2007. :love: If I had to move to ATL, I think I would go with either Dunwoody or Virginia Highlands...love that area and my favorite Thai restaurant is there.

Bordeaux all the way! Please post photos of your "city" bag when you receive it. That's the size and color I want to get post-holiday.

esiders said:
Go for the red! I love mine!

Georgia is one of my favorite states. My mother used to live in Dunwoody and now lives in Southwest GA near the the Florida and Alabama border. I plan on moving to GA in 2007. :love: If I had to move to ATL, I think I would go with either Dunwoody or Virginia Highlands...love that area and my favorite Thai restaurant is there.

ooo which one which one? Surin?

wellow said:
I just called them up again, and they say they have the red color in stock... Here's the thing.. the lilac color even though it's a similar color than the above will be the next spring color. But the red and bordeaux will be this season color. So what do you all think? LILAC or BORDEAUX or RED?
2004-metallics.0.jpg

Thank you all so much... :smile:

Hi Wellow ...

I have quite a few Balenciaga Bags (Voyage, City Classique, Office/Work, etc.) in a variety of colors.

First of all, if you want the absolute - definitive "guide" to authentic Balenciaga Bags, the person to get it from is Dudeilove you (I believe she still has them up on eBay). This gal REALLY knows her stuff and her guide shows the difference between the real ones and the fake ones. This will prevent you from buying a fake one on eBay if you were ever considering it.

Now, as far as the colors go - the Burgundy is a superb color (it really looks like a beautiful glass of Burgundy Wine!). I also think that it goes with a lot (looks great with Jeans but also work clothes). I also have the Rouge 2005 City Classique. Now, mind you ... I LOVE :love: :love: :love: the color RED!!!! I wear it like most folks would wear Black or Navy.

I am not a fan of the Lilac color. First of all, the lighter colors will pick up the dirt a LOT faster. Secondly, it's somewhat limiting (as far as putting it together with other clothes). More importantly, I believe it was a 2004 color ... so, I'm not even sure that you can get one now.

At the present time, Balenciaga has the Holiday "Pony Hair" collection out (you've probably seen tons of them on eBay). I can't say that they rock my boat, but some folks seem to like them.

Personally, I would probably go with the Burgundy because I really think that it's the most versatile.

BTW ... just to let you know ... it seems as though Balenciaga is using a different leather than past seasons. The leather on my Red bag is not as nice as my older bags (especially my first - the Black Voyage). I've talked to a bunch of other B-Bag "addicts", and we all say the same thing. I hope that Balenciaga goes back to the original leather manufacturer!

CeeJay said:
Hi Wellow ...

I have quite a few Balenciaga Bags (Voyage, City Classique, Office/Work, etc.) in a variety of colors.

First of all, if you want the absolute - definitive "guide" to authentic Balenciaga Bags, the person to get it from is Dudeilove you (I believe she still has them up on eBay). This gal REALLY knows her stuff and her guide shows the difference between the real ones and the fake ones. This will prevent you from buying a fake one on eBay if you were ever considering it.

Now, as far as the colors go - the Burgundy is a superb color (it really looks like a beautiful glass of Burgundy Wine!). I also think that it goes with a lot (looks great with Jeans but also work clothes). I also have the Rouge 2005 City Classique. Now, mind you ... I LOVE :love: :love: :love: the color RED!!!! I wear it like most folks would wear Black or Navy.

I am not a fan of the Lilac color. First of all, the lighter colors will pick up the dirt a LOT faster. Secondly, it's somewhat limiting (as far as putting it together with other clothes). More importantly, I believe it was a 2004 color ... so, I'm not even sure that you can get one now.

At the present time, Balenciaga has the Holiday "Pony Hair" collection out (you've probably seen tons of them on eBay). I can't say that they rock my boat, but some folks seem to like them.

Personally, I would probably go with the Burgundy because I really think that it's the most versatile.

BTW ... just to let you know ... it seems as though Balenciaga is using a different leather than past seasons. The leather on my Red bag is not as nice as my older bags (especially my first - the Black Voyage). I've talked to a bunch of other B-Bag "addicts", and we all say the same thing. I hope that Balenciaga goes back to the original leather manufacturer!

I saw the "pony hair" collection from Aloha Rag's catalog and I don't like that collection at all. I like their original leather motorcycle bags. I love the wine red/ burgundy color too! That's the color that I want for my future B-bag! Kee kee... So if they change their leather manufacturer, are the still using the goat leather?

I know what you mean Irissy ... I can't say I'm diggin' the Pony bags either.

Has anyone else seen the Denim bag though? The Barney's here in Boston (again - way too small), had the Denim "box" bag. Like the Denim, but the Box bag ... FUGLY!

I also saw the Denim in the City Classique on eBay - totally loved that, but I missed the boat on it. I do see that Leshent has it in the City (now called the 'First') bag, but it's too small for me (I'm 5'10" in stocking feet!). Bummer ...

If anyone sees the Denim City Classique around, let me know!

Hi everyone - I'm the owner of the blog with all the Balenciaga info. I'm flattered that you like it and are finding it useful... but I'd really appreciate it if you want to post images from the site if you could save them and then load them into the forum (or wherever) instead of linking directly to the images on the blog. It's not that I mind you using them, it's that the links make the sitemeter statistics go all wacky, and I can't tell what's really happening. (I'm watching the visitors pretty closely right now because some people are mad about one of my recent posts...:shame:smile: Thanks.

I love the violet color in the pony hair collection.. I just love the color... I might want to buy the bag bcoz of the color, but I don't think it's worth it...

Issmom said:
See...its all in the eyes of the beholder...the Denim Box is the ONE Balenciaga I want! Its on my post-Holiday shopping list.

You can get the denim box from Aloha Rag for $985. They have it listed on their stock list. Good luck! Ya, I want a wine red B-bag (first or city) post-holiday too!! ;)

^^ Barneys also has it and my husband pays that bill! But actually, my husband spends enough at Barneys that we rack up a lot of 'points' with them and my husband always gives me the gift card. I think its going for the Balenciaga this year. Last year, it was my Mulberry Roxanne.