Balenciaga Dustbag Query

Jedward

Aug 1, 2012
Hi ladies, has anyone came across this Balenciaga dust bag? The Font seems to be a little thicker than the balenciaga dust bags I have and the strings not as white. First picture shows the normal balenciaga dust bag and the last one shows the one I am querying for. It seems a little off to me and just wondering if this is a 2012 thing or this dust bag never even existed before? Thanks!!

img3548d.jpg

img3551cj.jpg

img3549f.jpg

I've received a pre-owned bag in a dustbag that was off from my others, too. There are so many counterfeit Balenciagas out there; the dustbag could easily be a counterfeit, but that doesn't mean the actual handbag is. Dustbags alone come up for sale on the auction sites, so if a person purchased a dustbag there, it could be counterfeit. The bag itself that I purchased was authentic, so I didn't really care if the dustbag was counterfeit or not. It's just for storage of the handbag. Be sure to have the handbag you purchased checked for authenticity on the "Authenticate This" thread. :smile:

I've received a pre-owned bag in a dustbag that was off from my others, too. There are so many counterfeit Balenciagas out there; the dustbag could easily be a counterfeit, but that doesn't mean the actual handbag is. Dustbags alone come up for sale on the auction sites, so if a person purchased a dustbag there, it could be counterfeit. The bag itself that I purchased was authentic, so I didn't really care if the dustbag was counterfeit or not. It's just for storage of the handbag. Be sure to have the handbag you purchased checked for authenticity on the "Authenticate This" thread. :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: and yes, the lovely ladies have already helped authenticated the bag in the dust bag. Nothing seems off with the bag when comparing it to the bag I bought from Balenciaga itself. Just the dust bag seems a little off and that kind of triggered my anxiety :biggrin: You were right though :smile: I guess, I'll just have to make do with the dust bag.

Hmm to be honest, I never came across the dust bag with the thick fonts. All my dust bags bear the font like the first pic above, though they did differ in size (depending on the size of the bag).

i received the same dustbag too with thicker fonts, the bag is from s/s 2012. i purchased the bag from ebay and seller is located in italy. all the bbags she's selling were authenticated here as well. i was wondering if it has something to do with location/country. my bag from her was also authenticated by the experts here and it's the real deal. hope to hear more feedbacks from other people.

rycechica1016 said:
i received the same dustbag too with thicker fonts, the bag is from s/s 2012. i purchased the bag from ebay and seller is located in italy. all the bbags she's selling were authenticated here as well. i was wondering if it has something to do with location/country. my bag from her was also authenticated by the experts here and it's the real deal. hope to hear more feedbacks from other people.

Hey yes I do get my bag from a seller in Italy so maybe its an Italian thing :smile: Hope theres some lovely italians in this forum help verifying this for us ha!

I've bought a 2011 City and now a 2012 Work Bag from the same seller on ebay (also from Italy!) and noticed today exactly this difference between dustbags. It made me question about authenticity, for my peace of mind I'll probably get them authenticated at the store.

By the way, I wonder if we're talking about the same seller... :graucho:

Hi. I am looking at a dust bag for my small Balenciaga crossbody made in 2017. The seller says there is no tag on the inside of the dust bag. I have seen others that have a Made in Italy” inside tag. Seller also advises that the dust bag is from a pair of sneakers, but it is a size that I can use. Not to get hung up on something trivial, but since I am buying it separate, would prefer that it be both authentic and correct. Thoughts?