Balenciaga durable enough for everyday use??

Texas_Mom

Jan 5, 2010
Ladies,

Thinking about buying my first balenciaga bag---part time in giant silver hardware---and wanted some information first.

Is the leather durable enough for everyday use...perhaps for carrying to work on a daily basis? Or recreationally every weekend?

Please help me, I can't decide on whether to buy or not.

Thanks!

absolutely! I wouldn't buy a bag that I couldn't use everyday if I wanted to. They are very durable.
Thanks redskater!
Boy, from the looks of your collection...you don't have to use the same bag everyday. I'm not as fortunate---have to watch my pennies---I have to find something I can use on a daily basis and keep its looks.

They get better with use I think! I just try to be somewhat careful with the corners and all my bags still look brand new, just softer and more distressed than when I bought them, which I love!

I think that Bals are very durable for the most part but they do show wear pretty quickly. Most people around here don't seam to mind the scuffed corners or darkened/ fraying handles, but if you're anything like me, you will!

If I'm being brutally honest, I suggest you baby your bag a little to avoid these things happening so quickly. I think that the whole "it gets better with age thing" is only true if you like the look of a worn in bag. I don't. I like my bag to retain it's color, I like my handles fresh and my corners not scuffed. To keep my bags this way, I have to take extra care of them.

JMHO.

I think that Bals are very durable for the most part but they do show wear pretty quickly. Most people around here don't seam to mind the scuffed corners or darkened/ fraying handles, but if you're anything like me, you will!

If I'm being brutally honest, I suggest you baby your bag a little to avoid these things happening so quickly. I think that the whole "it gets better with age thing" is only true if you like the look of a worn in bag. I don't. I like my bag to retain it's color, I like my handles fresh and my corners not scuffed. To keep my bags this way, I have to take extra care of them.

JMHO.

I totally agree with you

If i am paying almost 2k for a bag, i will baby it and i expect it to last me a long time. I been wearing mine for almost 2 weeks since i got it and i baby it like crazy.

I like my bags to look new and well taken care of!

JMHO.
littlerock,
Thank you for being brutally honest. I'm like you, I don't like scuffed edges and I like my handles fresh. Gosh, I'm usually pretty careful with my bags...but with two kids and constantly running around to sports activities, don't know if this is a good choice.
Maybe I should just stick to the LV canvas, it's pretty durable.

Thanks "wantabalenciaga" and "littlerock"!

littlerock,
Thank you for being brutally honest. I'm like you, I don't like scuffed edges and I like my handles fresh. Gosh, I'm usually pretty careful with my bags...but with two kids and constantly running around to sports activities, don't know if this is a good choice.
Maybe I should just stick to the LV canvas, it's pretty durable.

Thanks "wantabalenciaga" and "littlerock"!

Maybe if you get a Day it seems more of an everyday bag and the corners are not sharp like work and city so seems like you would get less scuffing on the corners :dunno:

The day is an excellent suggestion!

I find that the corners of my Works have scuffed edges (and I take realllllllly great care of my bags). I don't notice the changes with the handles (maybe I'm not paying enough attention).

Overall, I think that Bals wear beautifully--the leather just softens and drapes like you couldn't imagine, and any "imperfections" add to the look of the bag (edgy chic!).

Good luck making your decision!

Maybe if you get a Day it seems more of an everyday bag and the corners are not sharp like work and city so seems like you would get less scuffing on the corners :dunno:
Good idea...but I think that I'd pile so much stuff into the bag that I wouldn't be able to find things later. Hey, I'm a mom...I just naturally carry lots of stuff.

The day is an excellent suggestion!

I find that the corners of my Works have scuffed edges (and I take realllllllly great care of my bags). I don't notice the changes with the handles (maybe I'm not paying enough attention).

Overall, I think that Bals wear beautifully--the leather just softens and drapes like you couldn't imagine, and any "imperfections" add to the look of the bag (edgy chic!).

Good luck making your decision!
Thank you! Gosh, now I'm really confused...do I like the worn look or constantly protect the bag? Hum? I kind of like not having to think about my bag...guess I'd better make a different choice.

Balenciaga is def suitable for everyday use imo. Thats one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this brand, because I know they are durable.