Balenciaga Dictionary Of Abbreviations

RH= Regular Hardware (i.e all the tassles and brass buckles and zippers etc)
GH= Giant hardware which was the gold knobs on the bags last season and is now available in silver giant hardware for the new season. This version has no tassles associated with the classic bbags.
PT= Part-time bag
I'm sure others will post more abbreviations. You can also check the reference library for pics of the different bags.

and of course,

GGH= Giant Gold Hardware
GSH= Giant Silver Hardware
FB= Flat Brass (highly coveted older hardware...)

and stanby for the NM 100th anniversary Balenciaga special edition bag which has, I BELIEVE, Nickel hardware...can't remember if it's Giant or Regular. Jag has posted a photo someone in here.....

Thank God you asked...When I joined purse forum, I felt like a dummy because I don't text anyone and everyone abbreviates so many things. It takes me a few times to read something over and then i figure it out.
Now, that i am into Balenciaga(BBags) I have another world of abbreviations!:confused1:

Ain't it funny how "abbreviations" is such a long word?

In an effort to adequately inform all of our new bbag addicts on the way of the world in bbag land, here is a Balenciaga Dictionary of Abbreviations.

This is not just for the new, but for the well-established gurus of bbags too. Even genius' forget! :shocked:

This will ensure the ease of transition from any other mediocre-when-compared-to-Balenciaga brand; welcome to this world of painful pleasure and chewy leather.

Here it goes!

Hardwares:
HW - hardware
FB - flat brass
RH - regular hardware
GSH - giant silver hardware
GGH - giant gold hardware (sometimes just GH)

Colors:
BI - blue india
RV - rouge vif (red)
VG - vert gazon (green)

Sayings/phrases:

TPF/PF - the purse forum. duh!
ITA - i totally agree
IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my honest opinion
TIA - thanks in advance
HTH - hope that helps
HG - holy grail
OP - original poster
DH - (no idea, someone please fill me in. I've been trying to figure this one out since day one. Damn Husband?)

Places:
BALny - Balenciaga New York
AR - aloha rag
HG - ******
LVR - luisaviaroma
NM - neiman marcus

Misc:
RAOK- random act of kindness
LMB - lovin my bags
AG - apple guarde
LE - limited edition
SA - sales associate

Bags:
WE - weekender
PT - part time

Oh, and to all you veterans out there, feel free to chime in. I'm sure I forgot a ton of abbreviations.

:amazed:

(My apologies if this has been done before...)

Very helpful, ReRe!! :tup:

How about:

Seasons:
S/S - Spring/Summer
F/W - Fall/Winter

And one to add under styles -

Bags:
RTT - Reduction du Temps de Travail

p.s. DH = Dear Husband (but people probably use Damn Husband too if they're angry w/him). :P
Also, so glad to see you added HTH to your list. That had me stumped for a while!

DH - dear husband or damn husband or maybe even dead husband! (sorry to sound so creepy, but whatever works right?)

there's also:
SO - significant other
BF - boy friend or best friend

my personal favorite is:
PHH - purse hating husband! :roflmfao:

Yes thank you! The only one I could ever think of for DH is Damn Husband - and I'm not even married. :P

Keep em comin ladies.

Colors:
VF - vert fonce (dark olive)
VD - vert deau (sean green)