Balenciaga Design Trivia, 2005 s/s vs 2005 pre-fall

1. As I was happily conditioning and massaging my two City bags this afternoon, I think I noticed the following slight changes in design between the s/s 2005 bags, and those from pre-fall 2005. Please let me know if any of you have noticed them, as well:

Front pocket, 2005 s/s: no leather facing on inside
    Front pocket, 2005 pre-fall: leather facing

Bottom of bag: 2005 s/s: no reinforcement, just leather and fabric lining (as far as I can tell)

Bottom of bag: 2005 pre-fall: light reinforcement added, definitely feels firmer, less drapey than the earlier bag.

The 2005 s/s in question is also one of the ones with the un-notched rivets. Re. the leather, (I know, for like the millionth time), the s/s bag's leather feels almost like it's padded. It is quite a bit thicker than the pre-fall's, but not heavier. Actually, I like both, but the heft on the s/s leather does feel quite lovely!

2. YESSSSS!!!!
    I love a lot of different seasons bbags but the ones prior to 2005 prefall really do seem to have more of a luxurious leather. AND I prefer the unreinforced bottom.
    Bahahaaaa... I wonder if I'd ever say the same of my own bottom.

3. Yes, I agree about the difference in thickness between the s/s and pre-fall. I have a friend who has a taupe s/s -City and we compared her bag against my pre-fall Caramel City. Her bag was definitely thicker.

4. :roflmfao:
    You crack me up!!!:roflmfao:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice