Balenciaga Design Trivia, 2005 s/s vs 2005 pre-fall

bbagbubba

Jun 7, 2006
As I was happily conditioning and massaging my two City bags this afternoon, I think I noticed the following slight changes in design between the s/s 2005 bags, and those from pre-fall 2005. Please let me know if any of you have noticed them, as well:

Front pocket, 2005 s/s: no leather facing on inside
Front pocket, 2005 pre-fall: leather facing

Bottom of bag: 2005 s/s: no reinforcement, just leather and fabric lining (as far as I can tell)

Bottom of bag: 2005 pre-fall: light reinforcement added, definitely feels firmer, less drapey than the earlier bag.

The 2005 s/s in question is also one of the ones with the un-notched rivets. Re. the leather, (I know, for like the millionth time), the s/s bag's leather feels almost like it's padded. It is quite a bit thicker than the pre-fall's, but not heavier. Actually, I like both, but the heft on the s/s leather does feel quite lovely!

YESSSSS!!!!
I love a lot of different seasons bbags but the ones prior to 2005 prefall really do seem to have more of a luxurious leather. AND I prefer the unreinforced bottom.
Bahahaaaa... I wonder if I'd ever say the same of my own bottom.

Yes, I agree about the difference in thickness between the s/s and pre-fall. I have a friend who has a taupe s/s -City and we compared her bag against my pre-fall Caramel City. Her bag was definitely thicker.

:roflmfao:
winona77 said:
YESSSSS!!!!
I love a lot of different seasons bbags but the ones prior to 2005 prefall really do seem to have more of a luxurious leather. AND I prefer the unreinforced bottom.
Bahahaaaa... I wonder if I'd ever say the same of my own bottom.

You crack me up!!!:roflmfao: