Balenciaga.com online shopping experience

Maria333

Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my online shopping experience with Balenciaga.com and am curious to hear yours!
For me it's been increasingly frustrating. I placed an order for 3 items on 6/16. My order wasn't shipped until 6/22 and even then only 1 item was shipped. When I received it, I saw that the wrong bag was sent. I've tried to call their customer service, was on hold for 20+ minutes and then the call was disconnected. The same happened 3 or 4 times. Then I emailed them and surprisingly got a quick response. The rep said that he was sorry the wrong item was sent and that I should send it back to their warehouse and they would ship the right bag to me as soon as my return is received. I shipped the bag it was delivered to them that same day. I've waited for a few days - no communication on sending me the correct bag. Again, tried to call customer service, again hold, disconnect... Emailed them, got no response. In another 3 days I got an email saying that my return was accepted and the amount was refunded. I didn't want the refund, I asked for the correct bag! :facepalm: :facepalm:
I placed a new order for that same bag on 6/25 and now I see that it says it won't ship until 7/2. I wanted to take this bag to a trip on 6/30 and I won't get it on time. It's really annoying, just complete lack of customer service. I don't think I've encountered such an unprofessional approach like ever, even from non luxury brands...
I'd love to know how has your shopping experience been with them? Hopefully better than mine!

Wow that's frustrating!
I ordered a bag during the private sale on 6/23 and it still hasn't shipped. Not sure if that's normal or not since it's my first time ordering directly from their website. I guess I'm too used to amazon prime and the prompt shipping!

Reactions: Maria333
Yes! Their online customer service is super slow and unresponsive, and at many times below average, but they do help if you're patient and firm about what you want. They really tested my patience last time I had an issue with an online order.

I'm sorry you had this experience about them. At this point, it's better to buy from the physical boutiques and have them ship it to you ( they can even overnight it ), or buy from an authorized retailer like SSENSE or Nordstrom ( The deals are better there, and so is customer service. )

Last edited:
Reactions: Maria333
I can't believe it, but I just got the order (earlier than expected, which is nice) BUT the wrong bag again!!! :facepalm: :mad:
How unprofessional can they be?? It's just ridiculous! And again it's impossible to reach customer service by phone, so I sent an email through their portal. Curious if they respond this time. I got no response to my last email...

Last edited:
I think I'm done with Balenciaga, their customer service or lack of thereof is completely unacceptable. They haven't responded to any of the 6 emails I sent. I can't believe they just sent me the wrong product twice and completely ignored all my attempts to reach out. After this experience I absolutely don't feel like it's a luxury brand, more like overpriced Zara... Bye bye balenciaga

Reactions: DeryaHm
I think I'm done with Balenciaga, their customer service or lack of thereof is completely unacceptable. They haven't responded to any of the 6 emails I sent. I can't believe they just sent me the wrong product twice and completely ignored all my attempts to reach out. After this experience I absolutely don't feel like it's a luxury brand, more like overpriced Zara... Bye bye balenciaga
And isn't a big part of buying a luxury product (and I mean ANY luxury good) a customer service experience that goes above and beyond?
I admit one of the major reasons I drive a luxury vehicle is the excellent and professional service department; otherwise why pay more if I don't feel I'm getting more in return?
Every company should provide good customer service, but a luxury company should provide extra good service. Clearly Balenciaga never got that memo...