Balenciaga City - would you buy the "old" model now?

Oh wow. I didn’t even check the date when I replied to this. Haha :facepalm:

But I’m glad you were able to figure out that it DIDN’T work for you (and that you didn’t enjoy the experience of buying it off b.com). I think it comes with the territory of buying bags... you learn as you go. This is why tPF is such a good resource... plus you get input from other seasoned bag gals.

What bag did you end up getting then? Or are you still on the hunt?

Actually I bought the city bag (which I ended up returning) on Yoox. I purchased Balenciaga Souvenir bag on b.com and had a very bad customer service experience. I got delivered the wrong color of that souvenir bag 3 times!! with no help or response from customer service. They responded to my first email and promised to send the correct color and just ignored my emails after additional two wrong color deliveries...
Eventually I got so annoyed that didn't want that bag anymore and bought a couple of LV bags instead :shocked:
I actually think I "over-purchased" from LV trying to compensate for the bad Balenciaga experience lol. I ended up buying Noe bb in DA, Noe petit in mono and Pochette Accessories in DA :shocked: I definitely didn't need all of these, I decided to keep Noe bb as a gift for my mom, Noe Petit mainly for travel and when I need a tote and am mainly using Pochette Accessories which is a good size for me as a day bag for when I'm out and about.
I was also considering Bottega mini pouch, but when I saw it in person I didn't like the shape, too triangle for my taste. Now I'm also looking at getting Prada re-edition 2005 in black, I realized that my only black bags are Chanel and I want some variety and something more modern.
I guess there never enough bags :lol::lol::facepalm:

Reactions: Norm.Core and BB8
I can't run errands or walk in Paris without seing one. EVERYDAY. TMO, he City Bag is an absolute timeless bag and will never go out of style - plus, they came in various leathers and sizes, which means there will always be a "in" combo.

That said, embossed croc leather isn't the most timeless finition of the bag. A black leather one would better hold the test of time.

I can't run errands or walk in Paris without seing one. EVERYDAY. TMO, he City Bag is an absolute timeless bag and will never go out of style - plus, they came in various leathers and sizes, which means there will always be a "in" combo.

That said, embossed croc leather isn't the most timeless finition of the bag. A black leather one would better hold the test of time.
I think Parisians are the most elegant so that says something

I’m on the hunt for a Balenciaga City bag now, can anyone recommend a good site or just the usual (fashionphile, rebar, etc)?
there are a few oldies listed at the moment, check the "finds" thread, maybe one is waiting for you?... :graucho:

Reactions: Model T
there are a few oldies listed at the moment, check the "finds" thread, maybe one is waiting for you?... :graucho:

Thank you!! Here’s hoping haha

Reactions: ksuromax
I'm seeing this one available on Yoox. Is a reputable site, I've ordered from them many times and never had any issues with orders/ returns.
View attachment 5222863
Cute bag, but I'm seeing the prices be a LOT more than they used to be on Yoox! However, I also saw that Yoox is now part of NET-A-PORTER and I would guess that is the reason why the prices are a heck of a lot higher .. bummer, used to be a great place to get deep discounts on designer items!

Reactions: Maria333
Black with gold hardware for sure, one that looks really weathered but also isn’t in bad condition - does that make sense? Lol I just started looking into this bag but I think it’s coming back
So gold not brass. I’d watch the usual ones, FP, Yoogis, AFF. Maybe make sure it’s somewhere with a decent return policy.

Reactions: Model T