Balenciaga City VS Miu Miu Bow

Balenciaga City VS Miu Miu Bow Satchel

• Balenciaga City (Black)

• Miu Miu Bow Satchel (Black)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 25, 2006
So after debating, I bought the Miu Miu Bow Satchel(Black)...but now I'm having second thoughts. Which would be a better choice? Miu miu or Balenciaga City (black)?
Is Miu Miu too casual?
I want something I can wear often too.
I just don't want to regret my decision, I like them both and they are similar in size too!

I like both bags but I voted for the Miu Miu bow bag. The Balenciaga City will always be available, but the Miu Miu bag will probably be around for only a year or two.

And here's what a Miu Miu bow satchel looks like, for those who don't know:

0404388591455_275x275.jpg

I've had both, but not in the same color. I don't think the Miu Miu is too casual at all -- I actually think, since it's a little more structured and has the bows, that it's less casual than the city. I think the bow satchel a super-cute bag, but I didn't find it as easy to carry as a City. The City is really nice and light and flat and squishy, whereas the Miu Miu was a little more substantial and bulky -- if you're going to carry over your arm, then it's fine, but I like a shoulder bag. I think the Miu Miu is a little girlier (which for me is a good thing), and I agree that it will probably not be available for as many seasons as the City, which could be good or bad depending on whether you want to carry something that's always current. I also didn't like the black Miu Miu because the gold hardware and name plate was a bit too flashy for me, but it's pretty in the other colors; similarly, I wouldn't do a giant hardware City. It's a tough call, and really comes down to your day to day style and whether the bows will go or something a little plainer is better.

Edit: I just voted for the city because I don't like the gold hardware on the black Miu Miu. If you'd said nude or smoke grey Miu Miu, I might have gone the other way.

I vote for Balenciage City too. I had Miu Miu Bow Satchel once but returned it. It was a cute bag but wasn't super comfotable to carry. Balenciaga is lighter and esier to wear IMO.

I actually have both and I use my Balenciaga city more than my Miu Miu satchel. I love them both but the Balenciaga is more versatile. Also, the size is easier to work with. With my Miu Miu bag, I find that I have to think more about what I'm planning to wear with it. Also, I like that I have the option of wearing my Balenciaga on my shoulder. With my Miu Miu bag, my only option is holding it in my hand because the strap is too long.

I voted for the bow satchel. I have both, but use the Miu Miu more. I think it's because the leather is thicker and sturdier -- I tend to throw a lot of stuff in my bag, and worry that the Balenciaga leather might not hold up. I normally use them both hand-carried. I find the City awkward to wear as a shoulder bag because it's so unstructured, it kinda folds up in the middle.

They are both so different! I love both.
The Balenciaga is funky and the Miu Miu is more conservative. I would get the Miu Miu only because the Balenciaga will always be available, whereas the Miu Miu will not.