balenciaga city for red carpet event ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ok so i was watching american idol red carpet and the new pirate move red carpet a lot of people have big bags what do you think. is it ok to have a city on the red carpet or at a ball i was thinking of just buying a city i love big bags and use it for stuff like church and a office christmas party its kind of a dress up thing at a hotel so can i ? also i have seen kobe bryants wife on the red carpet and other events all she ever has are big bags . im thinking the classique is to small but im not sure how a city will look with a dress and can i have big bags in pink and yellow ? when it comes to fashion im a mess and i need help . :confused1:

2. To me, b-bags are not red carpet bags. Even when I saw gorgeous Julianne Moore with her green makeup clutch; as cute as it was, it wasn't the right bag IMO. For the rest of us who don't walk the red carpet... I *might* carry a First to a dressy event, but I would probably choose something else.

3. unless you carry something small and sexy like a ghost or oval clutch! i saw a picture of charlize theron at a red carpet even carrying a white flat clutch and it looked classy and gorgeous! i guess it just depends on how dressy your dress is...

4. i think the lune clutch is fabulous for red carpet event :yes:

5. Yeah, Charlize was gorgeous with that white clutch! My reply was directed more like for the Oscars or the dressier events.

6. If I ever went to a red carpet event, which probably will *neveeer* happen, I would not bring a city. Probably a clutch but depends on the dress.

7. Personally I think a city is too casual for a formal event - one of the reasons I like them so much is because my life is 99% casual.

8. Agree with what everyone has said...the City is just too casual for that kind of event, unless you're a rock star and dressed all in leather or something. ;)

9. No, the city is too casual to take to a red carpet event. I'd pick maybe the makeup clutch or some other bag. The first can look cute though!

10. ITA!

11. i will never be on a red carpet but just wanted to know what everyone thinks

12. ok the OP mentioned American Idol Finale and the Pirates Premire... those are more casual red carpet events and I dont see anything wrong with seeing a bbag on the red carpet in that case. :tup:

now for the oscars/golden globes/even grammys I would say:tdown:

13. I really think the only Bbag that would work for a very formal red carpet event is the Oval clutch, and even that would depend a lot on your dress. The City would definitely not fly.

I would say if it's not a bag you'd take to the opera, it doesn't belong on the red carpet.

14. I think a big bag on the red carpet wouldn't be a great idea. Especially since if it's a red carpet event, you'll probably be wearing a killer dress, and not that bal bag is downgrading the dress, but you don't want a big bag to take away from the dress. On the other hand, if you have small bal clutch or a flat small tiny bal style, you could definitely make that work. The big bal bag might also make you look too casual. I hope this helps. Especially since I have ZERO experience with the red carpet! :P

15. I'm glad you said that. I've always thought that clutch did not go well with the dress!