Balenciaga City Classic or Mini City

Jul 18, 2007
Hi ladies,
I'm in the mood to make an addition to my handbag family and would like your input. I have a City in pommier and a day in the holiday collection from a few years back (multi colors with light blue, bright blue and maroon).

I've always wanted to get the Classic City in Black RH. I'm tempted by the Mini because I can get one for a really good price.

Which bag do you think is better for the long term. FYI I have lots of bags already including cross bodies so I really don't "need" this.

Let's hear your thoughts.

I have never played with a Mini City so I have no review for that. But as far as long term and classic, I love the City. Do you use your Pommier City often? Do you think that you will use a small bag rather than another of the same size that you already have?

You can't really go wrong with a classic black City. Personally, I love the smaller bags in bright colors, it's just enough to accent an outfit. So, if I were to go for a Mini City it probably wouldn't be in black...but black still looks nice, it's just not my choice for that style of bag.

What hardware will be on the Mini?

I absolutely love the mini city bags, especially the colorful ones with gold hardware. I just think they are way too expensive and not worth but if you can get one for a good price then I say go for it! But at the same time, if you already have too many cross body bags then go for the classic.

If thinking about long term , Classic city would be better IMO because you can put more stuffs in it and be much more useful. However, I would suggest colours bag instead of the black classic. If you want sth dark, how about grey bag? Don't you like to be a little different lol?

I would love to get a mini city one day too, but my next purchase will still be "city bag".

I have never played with a Mini City so I have no review for that. But as far as long term and classic, I love the City. Do you use your Pommier City often? Do you think that you will use a small bag rather than another of the same size that you already have?

You can't really go wrong with a classic black City. Personally, I love the smaller bags in bright colors, it's just enough to accent an outfit. So, if I were to go for a Mini City it probably wouldn't be in black...but black still looks nice, it's just not my choice for that style of bag.

What hardware will be on the Mini?

ITA with rainneday. For the mini-City, the cute pop of color plays out much better, versus getting the mini-City in black (black would still look good of course, but I prefer the mini-City in bright, fun colors). So, if you go with a mini-City, I humbly suggest getting it in another color besides black (something bright preferably). If you get the normal sized City though, the classic black would be good, also since you already have a City in another color.

Good luck on your decision!