Balenciaga Cabas Tote?

I bought one in grey felt during the Fall/Winter 2015/16 sales. It's a terrific size. I used it as a daily work tote and a travel bag when needed.

I didn't love the detachable pouch it comes with simply because it was an odd size. Think of the size as a larger dollar bill. It would have been fine if the strap was removable from the pouch, but it's sewn onto it. So you can't use the pouch by itself without it looking weird.

I ended up selling it because felt is not an ideal material for the midwest. I regret not getting one in the marble print canvas.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
So I have had my Cabas for about 4 months now. I have used it somewhat regularly, but when I used it I really really use it! When I go to work I have to carry heels, lunch, laptop, wallet, phone, and my baggu sac of extra stuff. I also brought it to hawaii, and used it as my travel bag/beach bag.

This is a great bag & fits a ton, but I will say the canvas is getting worn already, particularly on the side that rubs on my clothes. It is not pilling, but the canvas is being worn down. I do not take it in the rain because of this.

The leather on the handles and of the bottom of the bag is AMAZING. So soft and really excellent

My only other call out is that it is hard for the bag to keep a consistent shape given that it is canvas! You cans see that in the 2nd picture. That should be obvious because it is canvas.

I got this on Department Feminine for around $600, and I think it is worth that! I would not pay 1k for this bag though.

DSC00761.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

So I have had my Cabas for about 4 months now. I have used it somewhat regularly, but when I used it I really really use it! When I go to work I have to carry heels, lunch, laptop, wallet, phone, and my baggu sac of extra stuff. I also brought it to hawaii, and used it as my travel bag/beach bag.

This is a great bag & fits a ton, but I will say the canvas is getting worn already, particularly on the side that rubs on my clothes. It is not pilling, but the canvas is being worn down. I do not take it in the rain because of this.

The leather on the handles and of the bottom of the bag is AMAZING. So soft and really excellent

My only other call out is that it is hard for the bag to keep a consistent shape given that it is canvas! You cans see that in the 2nd picture. That should be obvious because it is canvas.

I got this on Department Feminine for around $600, and I think it is worth that! I would not pay 1k for this bag though.

View attachment 3735742

View attachment 3735743

Thanks for the detailed review, and I love your pic. You look really cute with the bag.

Back in 2014 I was also looking for a large bag I needed for a road trip (NY to FL).
It needed to hold a ton, including doggie items, and be low maintenance for the beach.
I went with a LV NF GM in DE (only a fellow bag addict knows what all that means..lol.) I did it because of the reasons you mention, canvas is going to wear semi-quick with regular use.

But, I still think the Cabas is a very nice looking tote, and for $600, it was worth it for everything you use it for. :tup:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Posting my felt cabas, which I use as a daily work bag. I'm also planning on using this on a trip planned this fall as it will hold all airplane essentials (scarf, book, laptop, toiletry case, etc) and still easy to carry. Love love love this bag. It's much more beautiful in person.

Attachments

• IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 1,037
Posting my felt cabas, which I use as a daily work bag. I'm also planning on using this on a trip planned this fall as it will hold all airplane essentials (scarf, book, laptop, toiletry case, etc) and still easy to carry. Love love love this bag. It's much more beautiful in person.

Wow! I've never seen this material before. Is it wool or felt? It's lovely.

I love this tote. I was pretty tempted by the leather version but it is expensive! I think one day I'll have to go for the canvas. Is the canvas hard to care for?

Wow! I've never seen this material before. Is it wool or felt? It's lovely.

I love this tote. I was pretty tempted by the leather version but it is expensive! I think one day I'll have to go for the canvas. Is the canvas hard to care for?

I'm not sure what the material is, to be honest. It is being referred to as "felt" in one Pinterest post https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471963235931330400/
This one is pretty much no-frills because of its dark color :smile:

Attachments

• fb9a72c6270cb2ade63ce57916e52188.jpg
    fb9a72c6270cb2ade63ce57916e52188.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,027

I had this exact same bag, but I sold it on eBay last year. I love the shape and the material, but I see too much rain and snow where I'm at to use it :sad: