Balenciaga bags - Prices and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see from my picture icon. I have the magenta twiggy which I love! I also have the medium motorcycle in black that I wasn't thrilled with at first but now I love and I also have a first motorcycle also in magenta. Love them all! Can't get enough BALENCIAGA!! Let us know which one you get k?

Cristina, I just got an email from Aloha Rag.... about BALENCIAGA bags! :smile: I hope you get a reply too, if not please let me know and i'll be more than happy to forward this on to you!!! :smile:

Cheers
Helen

I went and found the number to the Balenciaga store in New York and called on my way home from work. The SA was super helpful and told me she had the small size (the "first"), in cornflower blue and a couple of other colors. She also said that they are going to be getting it in white and ink, my top color choices, in the next two weeks. Shipping is $15, like Kat said, and there is no sales tax. She said I can order it and the bag will ship when it arrives in the store.

I've decided that I am going to wait until my eBay auction ends this weekend, and as soon as the payment comes through, I will order the bag! Now the hard part will be choosing the color :love: I saw the swatches on the ateliernaff site, and the cornflower blue looks like it would go great with jeans. So maybe I'll add that one to my colors list, and it is available.

Bagaddict, the SA told me they had a black Twiggy. I'd loooove a pink one like yours, I love pink! There is what looks to be an authentic bubblegum pink "first" bag on eBay, but I like the magenta more.

HelenNZ, I also received an e-mail from Aloha Rag about their Balenciagas. The Twiggy they have available is a pretty pale blue, but it's nothing I'm :love: over.

Last time I searched this much for a bag was the paddington, and that bag is sitting on my coffee table... I think this might actually be bag love, not just lust :lol:

aaahhh - that damn cornflower is what I oggled over 2 years ago....they have it in the First (small) :sad:

Christina this is torture ... I must look away...we are buying a new couch/loveseat, blah, blah, blah this month....:sad:

Loganz said:
aaahhh - that damn cornflower is what I oggled over 2 years ago....they have it in the First (small) :sad:

Christina this is torture ... I must look away...we are buying a new couch/loveseat, blah, blah, blah this month....:sad:

I won't be upset if you buy it ;)

My bf has been wanting to buy a new LCD TV for the bedroom. We went to Sound Advice on Saturday to look around. Our big furniture purchase last year was a king size mattress. I'd like to get a new bedroom set this year, but I'd rather spend my money on bags :P

Cristina said:
I'd like to get a new bedroom set this year, but I'd rather spend my money on bags :P

You and me both....spending money on bags is much more fun then spending money on essentials; although, I am saving for granite kitchen countertops and that will be fun too....Fun to put my bags on!!:nuts: LOL

Loganz said:
You and me both....spending money on bags is much more fun then spending money on essentials; although, I am saving for granite kitchen countertops and that will be fun too....Fun to put my bags on!!:nuts: LOL
You're too funny, Loganz! lol ...

my magenta from Browns arrived in four days. i guess customs in japan are more efficient because it was there only overnight. you can actually tract the movement of your bag online. since you're in the US and customs could be a problem, best to order from the AR.

I have a first classique in caramel. Many like the medium, but the first fits enough for me and is a nice size on my arm and on my shoulder. It's not a bag to load a lot in, though. Good luck :amuse:

Cristina said:
I also received an e-mail from Aloha Rag about their Balenciagas. The Twiggy they have available is a pretty pale blue, but it's nothing I'm :love: over.

Cristina, they had that ice blue twiggy there for quite some time now. I know they are expecting their Spring 2006 colors sometimes before Feb.

I can't wait to see your B-bag!!

I have heard of the pony hair bags going bald too. The pony hair don't exactly do it for me. I like the all-leather bags better. I also think it could only be pulled off during the winter time but that is just my opinion.

I wished they had an all leather bag in the color of the violet pony hair. I would have loved that! :love:

Hmm.. they are overdue for a nice rich purple :nuts:

Anything pony hair will eventually bald. Just as when leather gets rubbed, it thins and looses pigment. When you rub pony hair, it balds. I have a pony hair coat and its balding right in the crook of my elbow -- where I carry my bags!

Irissy said:
Have you guys seen the new pony hair B-bags? Wonder what everyone thinks of it. I heard some of them started losing their hair...

I got to see one up close at my local Neimans, ***EDIT** it was the tan pony with beige leather. It is beautiful, but, like the others said, it will surely bald with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.