Balenciaga bags - Prices and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, CeeJay :love: I was hoping you would see my post! So Aloha Rag is easier to order from. My Paddington order through NAP wasn't a pain, but I always worry about ordering from another country because of customs. I haven't heard of any other retailer around here that carries Balenciaga - unfortunately, I'm in Orlando, far from a fashion mecca :P

I'm 5'5", which I think is sort of an "in-the-middle" height as far as carrying small or large bags goes. The "small" size of the classique bag measures 13", only a couple of inches less than the 15" medium size. I really don't carry a lot in my bag, only the essentials (I hate clutter!), so if I went with a Twiggy I think I could fit everything with room to spare. The only thing that concerns me about the Twiggy is the colors, like you said. I'm afraid that if the colors are limited, I might have to look on eBay and go through the whole authentic/fake process. But that's not too bad because of the wonderful bag experts on this board :biggrin: I'd just rather buy from an authorized retailer and make things easier on myself.

I'll keep you all updated on my search, as I'm sure I'll be posting when (and if) I receive emails from Aloha Rag and Browns on styles and colors.

See, this is what happens when I start obsessing! I called Barneys New York and spoke to an SA there. They have the Twiggy and the medium Classique in white and indigo, two colors I would :love: to have! They ship to Florida. I'm tempted to call the guy back and order one, but I want to wait for my stuff to sell first, so I have the $$$. Argh, I knew I should have listed on eBay last week :suspiciou

I can't give in to temptation...right? :P You know that common scene where an angel is sitting on one shoulder, and a devil on the other? Yeah, that's me right about now :biggrin:

uh-oh Christina - I don't know about you; but, my devil always clobbers by common-sense angel in buying decisions.

The big question is: are either the white or indigo really your first choice for a Balenciagia???

if the answer is "no" then keep looking and sell your stuff.

:lol: Loganz! My poor Angel was beaten half to death when I made the decision about buying the paddington.

White is one of my first choices, definitely. If the indigo is anything like the ink color I've seen, then it also makes my list of top color choices.

Thank you for the advice :biggrin: That is a great way to look at it.

Cristina said:
:lol: Loganz! My poor Angel was beaten half to death when I made the decision about buying the paddington.

White is one of my first choices, definitely. If the indigo is anything like the ink color I've seen, then it also makes my list of top color choices.

Thank you for the advice :biggrin: That is a great way to look at it.

Let us know how it turns out for you; I wanted a Balenciagia twiggy 2 christmases ago when American Express showcased it in their holiday "Departures" magazine. They listed Barneys as the place to get it (it was in baby blue) but, when I called, NO!! No balenciagia, the SA was quite curt - if now they have Balenciagia then that is good and you should (I mean should not) buy the bag. :nuts:

BagLovingMom said:
Cristina said:

LOL, Cristina's posts always so funny!

:shame:

My angel is still alive, telling me to be rational. I keep minimizing my window because I'm at work, I look like a crazy woman. I'm going to think about it on the drive home tonight, when I can finally have some uninterrupted bag thinking time :P

Cristina,
I hope you get your Balenciaga Bag! :smile: I must say you have a much better advantage as you live in the States... Trying to get your hands on a REAL one is proving quite difficult down here! But will try my best! :smile:
GOOD LUCK!

:smile:

Have you tried calling the Balenciaga store in New York? I went there for mine (Olive City Classique) last New Year's Eve. They have all the Spring 2006 colors available. I was told that if I wanted it shipped to California (where I live) instead of bringing it home with me then, I wouldn't have paid tax. I did forget to inquire about the shipping cost though. BTW, they also told me that Barney's get more B bags than NM.

Okay I am the queen of the google search - but, I cannot find any listings for the Balenciagia store in NYC; or for their corporate website.

Can anyone assist with my query?

helenNZ said:
Cristina,
I hope you get your Balenciaga Bag! :smile: I must say you have a much better advantage as you live in the States... Trying to get your hands on a REAL one is proving quite difficult down here! But will try my best! :smile:
GOOD LUCK!

:smile:

you can say that again helenNZ- getting a balenciaga in montreal has been surprisingly a pain in the behind.. so much for it supposedly being one of the most fashionable cities :suspiciou

but i hope you get your bag too christina :smile: i own one, and you'll soon find out that one is never going to be enough.. what a cycle!

Pnay71 said:
New York

542 West 22nd Street New York NY 10011
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T: + 1 212 206 0872
F: + 1 212 206 0004
E: [email protected]
[/FONT]

I got that off of www.balenciaga.com.

well I have been stripped of my "google" crown - I feel stupid, thank you very much for the links and numbers.

EDIT***perhaps my perpetual incorrect spelling of balenciaga has been preventing me from finding the info I was seeking. Un-oh, does this mean I can not own one - since I cannot spell the designer...off to Aldo I go for a fakey...J/K!

Cristina, I bought a Medium/city motorcycle bag in Cornflower (blue) about a month ago at the Balenciaga store here in New York. I paid $1,195. If you want it shipped I was told the shipping price is $15. If you go to ateliernaff.blogspot.com you can look at the color swatch to get an idea of the bag colors. I really love my B-bag. Happy hunting! Let us know what you decide to get. If you need any further help let me know.

murasaki said:
Ooh! I can personally vouch for the twiggy. I loove the twiggy. I have it in calcaire... and uh hehe... I have two more twiggies coming my way :shame: .

It is the perfect size in my opinion. I have a city too but something about the shape of the twiggy and how it hangs on the arms feels just right. Its shape also gives way to just the right amount of space for my things. Just my personal opinion :biggrin:

Ohhhh, girl... if you ever sell your Calcaire Twiggy - you'd better sell it to me!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.