Balenciaga Arrived in AWFUL condition, seller described condition as "very good'

mlm4485

Aug 30, 2007
I just purchased a Balenciaga off ebay that was said to be in "very good" condition, "some wear in the handles, nothing out of the ordinary...NO DAMAGE". Well, the bag comes and there are actual HOLES in the corners...I can see down to the second layer of the bag. And, the tassels on the front are completely ripped...one of them is only 2 inches long. This was not detailed in the listing, nor was it visible in the pictures.

The seller's listing says they offer a refund if returned 7 days after sale. I just received the bag two days ago and emailed them...I have heard nothing. And, when I tried to email them over the last 5-7 days for a tracking number they never responded.

Do you think I should go ahead and file a SNAD? Or, give them a little more time to respond? I am not sure what to do since they are not responding to me...luckily their feedback is high enough that paypal will cover up to $2000.

Here are pics of the bag taken inside with flash. The bag was supposed to be black, but looks GREEN in some places, and the corners have holes. Tassels are also torn:
DSCN8361.jpg

DSCN8376.jpg

DSCN8375.jpg

DSCN8374.jpg

DSCN8362.jpg

Here is the original auction listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300261544463&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020

Wow, you're really lucky. I have been involved in one other PP buyer dispute in the past, which I won...but it drug on for over a month. They didn't wait for you to return the item? I am going to file the claim right now. I know they put a hold on the funds since the seller is reasonably new at selling.

OMG that's awful! How on earth can a seller describe that bag as in good condition/no damage....when it has holes in the corners!
I definitely think you will have no trouble in Paypal refunding you.

Looks very worn and they should have said that and put up pictures of damaged areas..For $1K you deserve a lot better. Like have you considered buying NEW?? If you have sent back, wait a couple of days maybe to see if they refund and then file a SNAD. Have you spoken to seller lately about your refund and if they have received the bag back? Worse case scenario if you lose the PP case, send to Bal NY and they will fix the corners.