"Bald patches" on Bayswaters?

watchthestars

Jan 10, 2008
I've seen a few Bayswaters out and about (usually on the tube!) in a really sad state. I assumed they were fakes but now I'm not so sure.

Let's see if I can explain what I've seen. These corners have 'eroded' if you like - the smooth surface of the leather has worn away to show the suede underneath.

These bits:

mulberry-bayswater-tote-bag.jpg

I had a look at mine the other day, and lo and behold I could see a tiny, tiny area on one side of what looked like fading colour (mine is black) so now I'm terrified that the leather is starting to wear away :wtf:

Has anyone experienced this? I feel a bit silly because I doubt anyone other than me would ever notice, and for all I know it's always been like that (the leather in these corners has always been stretched tight, which I assumed was normal). I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have used such an expensive bag as an everyday work bag after all.

I can't take it to a Mulberry store because I'm sure they'll say they can't see anything wrong :shame:

^^^ is there any type of leather nourisher you would recomment MM? Other than Colloni I dont do anything else to my mulberries and am worried i should lol..

Sorry for jumping in watchthestars!

The oak printed bays i bought at xmas has not worn well. Ok I used it everyday for5 months but it too has worn through the patterned bits. I remember being in the Bond street shop in feb and a woman bringing hers back for a refund. I don't see why it should happen with an ordinary bays since they are supposed to be robust country style.

Really? Call me naive, but I honestly wouldn't expect the leather to deteriorate so badly on such an expensive bag - perhaps if it had been REALLY abused, but not with normal use.

If the corners get rubbed when the bag is set down they are going to wear. Doesn't matter how 'expensive' the leather is.:shrugs: Must say the feet on the bayswater do absolutely zilch to keep the corners off the ground!