Bal Velo or Town? Urgent Help Needed!

papertrees

O.G.
May 6, 2011
Hello there!
I need to decide between a balenciaga velo or town.
I'm just looking for an everyday, errands kind of bag since I work from home.
Both black with GHW.
I'm pretty small- 5'2. I can't say I carry a load of stuff: cellphone, wallet, two or three pouches for other essentials, perfume, sometimes a shawl.
For reference, I find the medium nightingale big, so I haven't used mine for a long time.
I was leaning towards the town, but I am worried it will be too small? On the other hand, I am worried that the velo will be too big (it might be overwhelming for me, and I hate having to dig into my bag just to retrieve stuff).
These are tough choices! Haha
The city is out of the question since I want a cross-body bag, and the small city is too small for me. Also, I am already in contact with two people who will sell me the town or the velo, so those are my only choices.
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, pls.
I need to decide in a day or two.
TIA!

Maybe post #38 can help:

Hello there!
I need to decide between a balenciaga velo or town.
I'm just looking for an everyday, errands kind of bag since I work from home.
Both black with GHW.
I'm pretty small- 5'2. I can't say I carry a load of stuff: cellphone, wallet, two or three pouches for other essentials, perfume, sometimes a shawl.
For reference, I find the medium nightingale big, so I haven't used mine for a long time.
I was leaning towards the town, but I am worried it will be too small? On the other hand, I am worried that the velo will be too big (it might be overwhelming for me, and I hate having to dig into my bag just to retrieve stuff).
These are tough choices! Haha
The city is out of the question since I want a cross-body bag, and the small city is too small for me. Also, I am already in contact with two people who will sell me the town or the velo, so those are my only choices.
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated, pls.
I need to decide in a day or two.
TIA!
I dug up an old pic of one of my Velos. I'm 5'2" and about 95 lbs. I don't own a Town, it's probably too small for me personally (you won't fit a shawl in it). I don't wear crossbody so just double the strap and wear it on my shoulder. It's one of my favourite Bal styles. I find it easy to find stuff in, not a black hole like the Day (my other favourite).

IMG_5115.jpegIMG_5116.jpeg

I dug up an old pic of one of my Velos. I'm 5'2" and about 95 lbs. I don't own a Town, it's probably too small for me personally (you won't fit a shawl in it). I don't wear crossbody so just double the strap and wear it on my shoulder. It's one of my favourite Bal styles. I find it easy to find stuff in, not a black hole like the Day (my other favourite).

View attachment 5385358View attachment 5385359
Thank you for this! This is a helpful perspective. This really convinced me to go with the town.

It sounds like you've decided on a Town but still thought I'd toss in my two cents! I've never considered the velo to be huge bag, rather more of a medium size. However, I'm not petite. It's comparable to Rebecca Minkoff's Reagan satchel, or LV's PM Lumineuse but less structured because of the leather. It's a perfect size for everything I carry every day. I do try to use pouches so things don't get lost. However, if I don't need to take a lot of extra stuff with me, the Town works just as well.

All my velos are "newer" (post 2011 maybe?) and have adjustable straps. I like my bags hangin' low, though.

It sounds like you've decided on a Town but still thought I'd toss in my two cents! I've never considered the velo to be huge bag, rather more of a medium size. However, I'm not petite. It's comparable to Rebecca Minkoff's Reagan satchel, or LV's PM Lumineuse but less structured because of the leather. It's a perfect size for everything I carry every day. I do try to use pouches so things don't get lost. However, if I don't need to take a lot of extra stuff with me, the Town works just as well.

All my velos are "newer" (post 2011 maybe?) and have adjustable straps. I like my bags hangin' low, though.
Deffo medium as opposed to large, but it depends on what you're used to carrying. I have bags that are a lot larger!

Reactions: reneeluvscoach