Bal newbie after advice

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
Hi all

I'm normally over in the mulberry forum
But have decided to diversify into bbags! A little
Advice please on what colour/hw I should go for?

I think Ive narrowed it down style wise to the Velo or work and I'm looking for a darker coloured bag- I like dark night but also anything in Metallics would be good too (I saw a black one with metallic/shimmery undertones in
The ref library but couldn't get the colour?) or a
Dark blue or dark grey colour.
I think I prefer regular hardware or medium hw although I do love rose gold and also the tassley bits on the zipper- I like these!

Any advice on what colours/hw/years might suit?? I'll have to go pre loved so older colour ways are fine!

Sorry for the non technical jargon - I'm a newbie here!

Thanks

n2m

Hi i would go for work ( no strap) in black. U cant go wrong with that. And if u are looking for a used pièce dont go for 2007 because they are turbine greenisch.
Good luck and welkome love and hugs FX

Btw the rh so the smal hardware and the tassles.

fxvanleeuwen said:
Hi i would go for work ( no strap) in black. U cant go wrong with that. And if u are looking for a used pièce dont go for 2007 because they are turbine greenisch.
Good luck and welkome love and hugs FX

Btw the rh so the smal hardware and the tassles.

Hiya!

Thank you for that- much appreciated! How do I check what year the bag is? I've heard a lot of talk about the years they were made making a huge difference on quality/ which is amazing!

Do you have any pics of any of your collection in this colour way??

Thank you!
X

Hi all

I'm normally over in the mulberry forum
But have decided to diversify into bbags! A little
Advice please on what colour/hw I should go for?

I think Ive narrowed it down style wise to the Velo or work and I'm looking for a darker coloured bag- I like dark night but also anything in Metallics would be good too (I saw a black one with metallic/shimmery undertones in
The ref library but couldn't get the colour?) or a
Dark blue or dark grey colour.
I think I prefer regular hardware or medium hw although I do love rose gold and also the tassley bits on the zipper- I like these!

Any advice on what colours/hw/years might suit?? I'll have to go pre loved so older colour ways are fine!

Sorry for the non technical jargon - I'm a newbie here!

Thanks

n2m

I personally love the velo. Very versatile, can be worn hand held, cross body, and if you loop the strap it can also be a shoulder bag! The work doesn't fit on everyone's shoulder, so as long as you don't mind always carrying it hand held that is not an issue.

Hardware- RH is the classic brass hardware, RH comes with tassels. Mini giant hardware or g12 is the new giant hard ware, as the larger giant hardware (G21) was discontinued.

Leather- there are definite variations in leather by year. The biggest variation being the type. 2007 was the last year Chèvre leather was used (except for a few holiday editions). 2007 is famed by some true Bal collectors as being the thickest, chewy, smooshy leather! I have a 2005 rouge theatre city and the leather is unreal, so so so soft! I think you need to ask the seller the right questions, because every bal bag is different. You can find great quality in every year/season.

Classic black is always a good choice. If you like dark grey you could always do anthracite, dark grey and various years have different undertone, blue, green, true grey... Currently Gris Tarmac is a nice dark grey. Ink from 2006 might work for you. And I think dark knight with rosé gold hardware is an absolutely stunning combination! Since you are buying pre-loved you have SO many options!

I don't have a work, but here are some photos for color/style reference.

2011 papyrus rh velo
Black ggh city (no idea year I bought pre-loved)
2012 cumin mrggh town
Last two photos are the same bag, in sunlight and indoors with a flash
2010 canard rggh city

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• image-3807524778.jpg
    image-3807524778.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 322
  • image-2716892814.jpg
    image-2716892814.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 385
  • image-1654706510.jpg
    image-1654706510.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 346
  • image-1823629364.jpg
    image-1823629364.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 342
  • image-1650417658.jpg
    image-1650417658.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 340
Hello there!!
Welcome to Bal :smile:

There are metallic bags in the holiday collection of this winter, there was a silver and pink metallic bag. They come with tassels and have palladium (shiny silver) or gold regular hardware.
Medium hardware or giant hardware does not come with tassels.

Personally, I think a Velo would be a better choice for a first bag as you can wear it in different ways

The leathers are different from bag to bag. The leather is nowdays agneau (lamb), but can vary from batch to batch, that is why I personally prefer to my my Bals IRL

If you want an oldie, be prepared for a long lenghty search though.

holiday bags
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/holiday-collection-2012-13-a-783558.html

nicoleadrianna said:
I don't have a work, but here are some photos for color/style reference.

2011 papyrus rh velo
Black ggh city (no idea year I bought pre-loved)
2012 cumin mrggh town
Last two photos are the same bag, in sunlight and indoors with a flash
2010 canard rggh city

Hope this helps!

These are fantastic thank you! I can't believe the last 2 bags are the same they look completely different. Thanks for all the help regarding leathers and hw- def made it a lot easier to confirm what I'm after. Although I think black is a great colour, I think I'd prefer something with a slight underlying difference to make it That bit more special- dark night with rose gold does sound beautiful- I think I've seen one in this combo.

The Velo vs work- I think having a cross body option is really important and do very much like the style of the Velo, I just prefer the size of the work as I like bigger bags. I've seen some totes on the bal website and matches - do you happen to know if these are new or whether there might be some floating around?

Thanks for all your help!

Loveheart said:
Hello there!!
Welcome to Bal :smile:

There are metallic bags in the holiday collection of this winter, there was a silver and pink metallic bag. They come with tassels and have palladium (shiny silver) or gold regular hardware.
Medium hardware or giant hardware does not come with tassels.

Personally, I think a Velo would be a better choice for a first bag as you can wear it in different ways

The leathers are different from bag to bag. The leather is nowdays agneau (lamb), but can vary from batch to batch, that is why I personally prefer to my my Bals IRL

If you want an oldie, be prepared for a long lenghty search though.

holiday bags
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/holiday-collection-2012-13-a-783558.html

Hi Lh!

Thanks for this info I do loveeeeeeeee some of these Metallics- would love a black or dark blue/grey metallic but cant afford new season so will have to route around in the pre loved world to
Find something...

Thanks hon- nice to see you on this side of TPF! Xxxxx

mulberryforbes said:
Hello over here :waving:

Those bal bags have been way to enabling ;)

Hiya fellow mulberry enthusiast- I see your joining the bal side too!!! Maybe we should go and check out the bbags and report back to each other as we are both newbies?!

;)

mulberryforbes said:
Thats what they told me, there wouldnt sell untill they were 100% sure it was okay.

Im lusting after a red one on ebay but irs £100 over my budget :'(

:sad:
Thing is I can't find the authentication thread on here so am too scared to buy anything off eBay for this much money on a bal! Mulberry k. The other hand...., ;)

What r u after and I'll keep an eye out for u ? I'm wanting a Velo or work in a dark colour with regular or medium hardware xxx

I would like a town or first or mini city in a bright colour preferably red ♥ not bothered about hardwear unless a black with rosegold town was hanging around at a bargain price :swoon: lol

The auth thread is in the stickies, i think its harder to buy because we have no experience of them but could spot a mulbs fake from miles away

mulberryforbes said:
I would like a town or first or mini city in a bright colour preferably red ♥ not bothered about hardwear unless a black with rosegold town was hanging around at a bargain price :swoon: lol

The auth thread is in the stickies, i think its harder to buy because we have no experience of them but could spot a mulbs fake from miles away

Hahahahahaha yeah I agree re mulberry now - I used to not have a clue but pretty good now.

I'll keep an eye out for you hon x