BAL MOTO JACKET Pictures & Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh TMitch, please post a picture! I'd love to see your jacket. There aren't too many of those mystery colour jackets floating around. It's such a gorgeous colour for a leather jacket.

Drati,
These photos are from the listing when I purchased it. They are not my photos and I hope the lovely forum member that sold it to me doesn't mind me using her shots. Can you tell me if this is in fact the "mystery" color?

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 464
TMitch,

Here's Katie H. in her biscuit, and here's a picture of my "mystery" jacket.

BalJacket3-1.jpg

DSCN3605.jpg

My 07 Biscuit has pinkish coloured lining. What year is that Mystery one from? The leather looks very similar to biscuit.

All I know about the "mystery" one is that it just showed up from the warehouse at the NY boutique in spring 2010. I was calling asking for something else they didn't have, and my SA asked if I'd be interested in a cognac color. Don't think it's an exact color match for biscuit, but pretty close, and obviously has the new position rivet. The leather is great!

All I know about the "mystery" one is that it just showed up from the warehouse at the NY boutique in spring 2010. I was calling asking for something else they didn't have, and my SA asked if I'd be interested in a cognac color. Don't think it's an exact color match for biscuit, but pretty close, and obviously has the new position rivet. The leather is great!

It sure is pretty darn close to Biscuit. Mine has great leather too. Since I didn't buy mine new I don't know where it was originally purchased, sorry to say.

Drati,
These photos are from the listing when I purchased it. They are not my photos and I hope the lovely forum member that sold it to me doesn't mind me using her shots. Can you tell me if this is in fact the "mystery" color?

It's absolutely gorgeous and looks like the 09 mystery colour. If the rivets weren't close to the zipper pulls I would have thought this is an 07 jacket. The leather looks great. What a find!

I wonder if these jackets were made from left-over 07 leather? The leather looks so similar.

I think the colors are not the same, based on my memory of the biscuit I once had and returned (:crybaby: it had a huge oil spot on the back). Biscuit was maybe a little more fadey, not as much orange in it, despite how it looks in lots of photos. Some pics that I think Tokyo has posted may be truer. Both are great, though.

It sure is pretty darn close to Biscuit. Mine has great leather too. Since I didn't buy mine new I don't know where it was originally purchased, sorry to say.

I agree, it looks very similar to bisquit. Maybe it's the flash but my biscuit is a touch darker though. Can you look on the label to see what season/year of production it's from.

I think the colors are not the same, based on my memory of the biscuit I once had and returned (:crybaby: it had a huge oil spot on the back). Biscuit was maybe a little more fadey, not as much orange in it, despite how it looks in lots of photos. Some pics that I think Tokyo has posted may be truer. Both are great, though.

I think you're right. Thanks for this info rollergirl.

Both jackets are beautiful, the bisquit 07 and the cognac 09.I was really happy to find the biscuit, it is a size 38 , but good for zipping up.For germany you need some to zip up, because the weather is one times to hot for the jackets or than so cold, so that you have to layer it.

megt10 said:
Thanks for the info Erica. I am not sure on the coloring for me then. I do love the quilted style and will hold out for another color. Though honestly I mostly wear my black quilted even though my red one is really gorgeous.

Thanks so much H! I really liked the yellow patent with the brown of the Higgins. I also like it with red patent.

Thanks so much Kiwi.

Thanks Baerlie. You are always so nice and I appreciate it :hugs:

I am a size 40 in all of my motos except the Khaki 2010 which is thinner leather and I took that in a 38. My stats if it helps, I am almost 5'7" 110 lbs size 0 pants & skirts, 25 in denim, size 2 or 4 dresses, and usually a 4 or 6 in jackets because of my back and shoulders which are very broad.

Thanks, I am very worried the 38 will not fit, I am 120lbs, 5'5, 34 D normally wear 2-4 in dresses and shirts US sizing. I will find out tomorrow, can't wait, praying it will fit! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.