Bal moto jacket copy

pls5

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
i agree that the moto jacket was around a lot before bal and that there are plenty of others out there but the true religion one looks very close to me... if that one is $720 though i say take advantage of one of the deals on ebay from ****** and get the real deal! although i'd be curious re leather on true religion version

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
The leather looks cheap (I know the price is not cheap) and the couple inches shorter in length make this jacket looks weird.

o_luxurious

Oct 5, 2008
I agree moto jackets have been around for years.
But the details between the True Religion and Bal are inevitably noticeable - the zipper position, zippers themselves, the shoulder detailing, and the seams in the back.

purses & pugs

www.pursesandpugs.com
O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Oslo, Norway
www.pursesandpugs.com
I agree that moto jackets have been around for ages and that Bal certainly did not invent it;) but this jacket is exactly like the Bal moto jacket except that the arms are a bit shorter. They could be more creative and not be a copycat! And I agree with others, the leather doesn't even come near the Bal jacket's. Not worth the money IMO.

amacasa

O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Thanks OP for the post!!!
Quite an interesting jacket if i may say but price point wise, i wouldn't jump on it as Erica's prices are $ 1295 so better to go with the original balenciaga.

If this goes to 70% off, then it might be worth a try. But, if you get this... you might still have the "what if " questions right? and you might end up still getting the real one...

So, for now no need to jump on it , IMHO!!! :beach:

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
The leather looks cheap (I know the price is not cheap) and the couple inches shorter in length make this jacket looks weird.
That was the first thing I noticed it looks really awkward, it's a really poor fit for the model if she's really tall. If she's not super tall then it's a poor fit in general because of where it cuts off, imo. It's a very good copy cat version of the Bal moto jacket but for that price I'd rather spend a little bit more and get the real deal. As much as I would love a Bal moto jacket it's not in my budget at the moment.

ashxoxo

Definitely addicted.
Jan 30, 2010
United Kingdom
I don't feel an instant gravitation towards this jacket like I did with the Bal jackets. I think it's the long sleeves in the Bals that I adore.

pbdb

O.G.
Jul 9, 2009
Hong Kong
exactly.
I don't ever dream of wanting to own a copycat version and end up regretting.
If I want a Bal moto jacket but can't afford to get one for now, then I would rather buy a moto jacket with excellent details (not to mention yummy leather texture) having its own unique interpretation/version and not a knock-off copy.