Bal face-off: which gets your vote?

Oh! I didn't read properly and missed the picture of the flaw as well.

I still think Poupre for you, but ask for the discount, as the other girls suggested: I haven't even seen a flaw like that on any of the pre-loved Bbags that I have, and some of them are really old!

Or, ask them to order in a new strap for you. I have a Tempete RH Part Time where I discovered at home that the strap was actually two inches shorter than it should have been (we thought it may be a City strap, but it wasn't). I showed the staff at Cultstatus, from where I purchased the bag, and they very kindly ordered a new one in for me, while still giving me the option to keep the shonky one to use until the new one came in (they couldn't re-sell any bag with that strap anyway, as the wearer's arm would lose circulation trying to wear that strap cross-body).

The strap took a while to come in, but I loved the bag as it was - I just couldn't work with the strap so short!

So ask for a new strap quickly, so they don't think you ruined it (you couldn't have anyway, because the cut is very deep, and the paint/dye is still intact - meaning it is a manufacturing fault - or the sheep's fault for having shonky skin).

Last edited:
:roflmfao: at the sheep having weird skin! I guess you could be right though :smile:

Honestly I am so rubbish at decisions. I know whichever colour I decide on, I'll always be thinking about the other colour too! I really want to keep the Pourpre because it's an amazing red for me (I tried Sang and it didn't suit me even half as much) and I promised myself I would find a lovely stunning red bag for Fall. BUT I'm worried because all my other bags are very safe/conservative/neutral, and it would break my :heart: to invest in a Pourpre only to have her sit at home for fear she's too bright. My DH is still for the Murier, which I am sure I could carry right away without any reservations, but something is stopping me dismissing the Pourpre out of hand!

Maybe I'll do a coin toss...then best of 3 coin tosses..!

Based on your pictures I'd argue that Poupre is THE color which you can carry without any reservations right away. Red goes with everything, especially the neutral colors that posted.

I have the same Murier PT and I love the color to death. However, I think the Murier/RGGH combo is a bit on the feminine side - as a person who likes contrast/mix and match, I tend to find it pares well with more 'masculine/clear cut' clothing like dark jeans, t shirts, etc. So with Murier, I'd still have to think about what to match.

However, with the red, I don't think you need to even think. :smile:

^^Redturtle thanks for the comment, the "carry it now" factor is HUGE for me since I tend to keep my collection to a minimum and downsize (to buy new bags!) if something isn't getting out enough. So it's important I can use the bag straightaway!

I have given myself a deadline of tomorrow (eeeeek) to decide. Selfridges had another Pourpre that they have on hold for me. I will let you all know the outcome!! :nuts:

:roflmfao: at the sheep having weird skin! I guess you could be right though :smile:

Honestly I am so rubbish at decisions. I know whichever colour I decide on, I'll always be thinking about the other colour too! I really want to keep the Pourpre because it's an amazing red for me (I tried Sang and it didn't suit me even half as much) and I promised myself I would find a lovely stunning red bag for Fall. BUT I'm worried because all my other bags are very safe/conservative/neutral, and it would break my :heart: to invest in a Pourpre only to have her sit at home for fear she's too bright. My DH is still for the Murier, which I am sure I could carry right away without any reservations, but something is stopping me dismissing the Pourpre out of hand!

Maybe I'll do a coin toss...then best of 3 coin tosses..!

Good luck with deciding: I appreciate it's not easy!

If it helps, I consider Pourpre as neutral red - it really isn't that bright at all, unlike Sang, which I have and which I find is slightly brighter. The more I look at your bag and others' Pourpre bags, the more I wish I'd purchased one when it was available.