Bal City/Work/PT vs. Celine Luggage- Lots of Comparison Pics!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently broke my Balenciaga Only in 2011 rule for a Celine Luggage Tote... I had a very fast chance to get one and thought I would be an idiot to pass it up even though I was saving for a Vert Sage PT (which I now hear has not been ordered by US stores, so in retrospect I definitely made the right decision). I'm not sure if I will get any more bags in 2011- I've bought 4 which seems like a reasonable place to stop and I need to focus on fixing up my house right now. Anyway, here are a bunch of pics comparing my Celine bag with my Balenciaga Work, PT and City... Size-wise, the Luggage Mini is closest to the Work. My Celine bag is Anthracite and it is very different from my Balenciaga Anthra, and I'm glad to have them both--the Celine is more blue whereas the Bal is more green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thanks for the comparison shots! Celine luggage tote is on my wishlist! You have beautiful bags! The cyclamen is my favorite!!!!

3. I love the Luggage. Both my girlfriends own the mini and small in black. I think style wise it's quite different than Balenciaga moto bags. The Luggage is quite structured while Bal is slouchy. They both look good dressing up or down however.
    You have nice collection there.

4. Lovely bags! I love the Celine Luggage (in the nano especially)! I got one myself too which was an unexpected purchase but one of the best bags I bought this year, its so cute IMO.

5. Thanks for these pics. I had a thought for a split second that I might want to try the Celine. Only for a second though since it looks quite stiff and pebbled. Does it break in? You have all those smooshy bals to contend with and they all look like they have great leather. What's it like when you switch between the luggage and bal?

6. thanks for the comparison pic :smile: it really helps
    and congrats for the celine luggage, it is a beautiful bag, im considering myself to get one

7. Thank you! You should definitely grab one of you get the opportunity!

Yeah the style is definitely different than Bal. I mostly wanted the Celine to use for professional functions like conferences and meetings, my Bal bags are a little to "rock and roll" for the conservative DC set and my Chanel GST is a little too blingy for that kind of thing. I think the Luggage is the perfect mix of elegance and conservative style and functionality.

Agreed!

I've had it for about a month and it has broken in quite a bit. I like how it is kind of structured and kind of slouchy at the same time! I was using my Bal bags almost exclusively all year so it took me awhile to adjust to the difference, but since I've gotten it I've been switching back and forth between my Cyclamen City and the Celine almost every other day. The Bal bags are easier to carry especially with the extra strap, but the Celine bag is much more organized and holds a TON of stuff--easily as much as my Work bag. It just gets heavy when it is loaded up though.

Thank you!

8. Here's a few more pics... a closeup of the pebbled leather, a comparison with Bal SS 2011 Anthra, another "family 2011 photo" and a pic that shows how the sides of the bag are slouchy while the bottom is structured (after about 1 month of using it frequently):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Great collection! You've done well for yourself in a year :smile:

I think if they don't issue decent sized hardware on the new bals, Celine might become my new addiction - love the style of their bags...they feel quite luxurious.

10. Great comparison photos.

And you are soo correct that a Celine works best for conservative Washington, especially when working.

Of course your bals are TDF! =)

That Ardoise work is lovely and the city is divine!

11. gorgeous & very helpful pix *Cassandra* :tup: i am warming to the luggage tote, i thought it would be too rigid but it looks beautifully soft & slouchy in your photos :love:

12. It's good to have variations on your bag collection, I tried to do the same too. But, I've not been so lucky w/ my hunt for the Micro Celine Luggage, since they're not available in the US or if they are, they just disappear before you even see them. So, I end up getting another City, w/c I'm so happy. I find the Mini Luggage to be very big on me & the NANO very tiny for the price & for me, though very cute but I know I won't be using it as much.

Thanks for the comparison pics, they're very helpful.

13. your bag Collection ist very very nice , every bag is my favorite :tup: OMG :woot:

14. Thanks for the comparison pics! Your Anthra Mini is stunning! I love the colour. I have been cheating on Bals recently and carring Celine Luggage a lot. Its so practical and great looking bag!

15. Wow, I like your Celine Mini! I didn't realize they are such a good size. Thanks for the comparison pics! Beautiful collection.