Bal City And Azur Galliera Owners.. Please Help!

Which bag to choose???

• Bal City (and what color???)

• Azur Galliera PM

Results are only viewable after voting.

denises

*Recent Bal Convert*
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Hello ladies!

I have always wanted a Balenciaga City but I've never really got around to buying it. Maybe I have trouble choosing from the many colors to choose from, or maybe it's because bbags are limited where I'm from.

Anyway now that summer is fast approaching and I've been on a bag ban since FOREVER, I think now's the time to indulge myself with a new bag. My two choices are: a balenciaga city OR an azur galliera PM. I wasn't really a big fan of the galliera until I saw modeling pictures of TPFers with the azur and I instantly fell in love. I love how the azur goes well with anything, and the inventeur plate in the front is so stylish! I'm just scared of the color transfers and all the problems that come with a light-colored bag.

I know I am posting in the LV thread so there might be a little bias in the responses :P So ladies, those of you who have/equally love your bal city and azur galliera, please advise me on what to get. Which bag do you carry more often? Which bag do you think you won't ever get tired of carrying and will still be stylish years from now?

the galliera is a gorgeous bag and in the azur, it's absolutely stunning. BUT for lazy summer days, i love the bal city. it's slouchy and fun! to me, they're completely different, so i think you have to decide what your summer attitude is, try on both bags, and then decide. good luck!

I'd go for the Azur Galliera. I had a Bal City and First which I ended selling after two years of use. I loved how soft the leather was, how beautiful the colors were, and being able to carry it on the shoulder or handheld however I found both bags did not wear well at all. It was disappointing to see something I spent so much $$$ was wearing so easily. I ended up selling both and putting the money towards LV where I've had no issues with wear.

I am probably going to get a galliera, and I love my city. The galliera is probably a better summer bag, so you will have time to save up for the city if you want to do it later and use as a winter bag. :yes:

I think you're going to get a "mixed bag" of answers to this question! (Pun intended.) I have a Violet city with giant silver hardware and the Azur Galliera GM. I think with the azur, I am going to start wearing it more because it seems like more of a summer bag but I honestly LOVE the city. It all depends on the color of the Bbag...

Get both! Seriously, they are so different!

I bought a Bal City in January and love it to pieces but I'm also going to get an Azur Galliera very soon! I need both in my life.

But for now, i'm going to say Galliera because Azur is perfect for spring/summer :smile:

I'd go for the Azur Galliera. I had a Bal City and First which I ended selling after two years of use. I loved how soft the leather was, how beautiful the colors were, and being able to carry it on the shoulder or handheld however I found both bags did not wear well at all. It was disappointing to see something I spent so much $$$ was wearing so easily. I ended up selling both and putting the money towards LV where I've had no issues with wear.

Hi Silverfire,

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by balenciaga does not wear well? Because I am planning to use whichever bag I decide to get as an everyday bag. Do bbags show signs of wear easily?? TIA!

Hi Silverfire,

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by balenciaga does not wear well? Because I am planning to use whichever bag I decide to get as an everyday bag. Do bbags show signs of wear easily?? TIA!

I purchased used a 2005 black city in 2007 which I used everyday as a work bag for about a year straight. I got a really good deal on ebay and at that point the bag I purchased was pretty worn. The color didn't fade but it wore badly on the corners of the bag with small tears and had rips on the handles. I just figured the owner was pretty hard on the bag and I got what I paid for.

I then purchased a brand new from the store 2007 first in aquamarine and used it on the weekends only for almost 2 years (with alternating other bags on the weekends). And the color started to fade and the hardware around the shoulder strap started to wear. In addition the braids on the handles also started to tear as well as I saw with the 05 black city.

I don't know if it was the color or what but I really wasn't hard on the aquamarine and didn't use it all that often and I was surprised to see it wear so easily. Again perhaps it's all in the color you chose.

I've attached some pictures that I still had from when I sold them on ebay to show you what I'm talking about.

I think their bags are beautiful but I just found it surprising how everyday use showed easily...for me at least :sad: I really hope that I was the exception and not the norm.

Attachments

• DSCN0576.jpg
    DSCN0576.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0580.jpg
    DSCN0580.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0613.jpg
    DSCN0613.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN1100.jpg
    DSCN1100.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN1131.jpg
    DSCN1131.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 83
I purchased used a 2005 black city in 2007 which I used everyday as a work bag for about a year straight. I got a really good deal on ebay and at that point the bag I purchased was pretty worn. The color didn't fade but it wore badly on the corners of the bag with small tears and had rips on the handles. I just figured the owner was pretty hard on the bag and I got what I paid for.

I then purchased a brand new from the store 2007 first in aquamarine and used it on the weekends only for almost 2 years (with alternating other bags on the weekends). And the color started to fade and the hardware around the shoulder strap started to wear. In addition the braids on the handles also started to tear as well as I saw with the 05 black city.

I don't know if it was the color or what but I really wasn't hard on the aquamarine and didn't use it all that often and I was surprised to see it wear so easily. Again perhaps it's all in the color you chose.

I've attached some pictures that I still had from when I sold them on ebay to show you what I'm talking about.

I think their bags are beautiful but I just found it surprising how everyday use showed easily...for me at least :sad: I really hope that I was the exception and not the norm.

ITA!
after 3 times using my BBAG I saw ripped corner!! colour takes off! ( its very small and only I can see it but Im dissapointed. to much $$, to bad quality...)

I dont like azur and can tell u that bBag style is gorgeous-(especially giant hardware)! (I want one city in black) but this corners scared me!

my damier speedy is immortal! I put him on the floor, and dont be so careful and I cant see ANY traces of use!!!

youre choice, what u prefer..

Balenciga makes me worry.. its too sensitive.

Im dissapointed. to much $$, to bad quality...

Last edited:
Wow I never knew people have had issues with the quality of Balenciaga bags. I always thought they use top quality leather to make their bags which is the reason why they're mighty expensive. Maybe I should rethink my decision then..