Bal Beginner

Indiana

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I've just bought my first Balenciaga, a pre-loved First (with many thanks to the lovely authenticators). I love it and I want another Bal! I'd really like a smallish messenger. Could anyone make a recommendation please?

I'm in Dublin, Zara. The only stockist seems to be Brown Thomas. Harvey Nichols have stopped carrying them. I was in BT today and they have very few at the moment. They did have one lovely blue courier-type bag, but I'd like to see a few more before I take the plunge. I'm off to find some pics of the Town now - thank you for the suggestion :smile:

I also second the town if your looking for a smaller bag. Size wise it's bigger than a first but a bit smaller than a city but it has a longer strap so you can wear it cross-body. The Velo is nice but most likely will be too big for what your looking for, it's a little bigger than a city. Or possibly a Mini Pom which really isn't a messenger style bag but it's smaller bag and has a longer strap that some can wear cross body. It's a new style that just came out with the F/W 2010 so there aren't a whole lot of pictures on TPF yet but there are some, but just thought why not throw it out there for fun.

I'm not so keen on the look of the Twiggy, Seahorse & Pbdb, cos I don't really like the east/west style. The only one I've been able to see IRL is the Folk and it's lovely, but the long strap is actually quite short to wear cross-body, unless Bals are designed to sit quite high up IYKWIM?
Thank you for your input! And yes, the hunt IS exciting!!