Bal-bag newbie decision - giant silver arena:1st, city or velo;black or anthra?

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Sorry to bother, but you guys are always so helpful with newbie questions! I am a Bal fan of moto jacket (just bought my second yesterday - the mythical black with silver hardware that was just reissued this season and arrived yesterday - also have black with black hardware from afor) and the ready to wear. Bag wise, I am kind of a dyed in the wool Hermes customer. But for some time, have been drawn to the Bal motorcycle bags. There are just some situations (actually, many situations) where a classic Hermes bag is just too fuddy-duddy, and a Bal bag would be better suited.

I think I have narrowed down my interests to:

black or anthracite
giant silver hardware (I think)
first, city or velo

I am leaning toward black with giant silver city in arena leather. Am I am the right track? If you were just going to have one, basic Bal bag, classic but cool, what would you choose?

Thanks in advance - all advice, opinions, insights are welcomed and appreciated.

shamrock0421

U Get What You Give
O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
Highlighted below made me LOL!

Not in every scenario - but in most - I think the Bal-loving-ladies always fall back on their Black City bags.

I know I do mine.

I absolutely think you are on the right track with this. :smile:

My thoughts on this are...

The Velo would be ideal for you if you prefer a longer strap to wear cross-body.

While the GSH is beautiful (and my absolute favorite) - it does weigh the bag down substantially (at least I think it does). If you prefer light-weight bags - if you carry the kitchen sink in your bags - you may want to go with RH to keep the bag itself lighter.

I have an Anthra also, and it does go with many things.
Anthra will look great with your jackets - but I believe the black (either RH or GSH hardware) will look great with your jackets as well.

BTW - Congrats on the Black w/silver zips. I was at BalNYC yesterday and have one on hold. I believe it is the love of my life.

Just please don't tell my dog or my husband I said so. :lol:

I hope this helps with your decision.
Happy shopping and let us know what you decide!
:smile:
Sorry to bother, but you guys are always so helpful with newbie questions! I am a Bal fan of moto jacket (just bought my second yesterday - the mythical black with silver hardware that was just reissued this season and arrived yesterday - also have black with black hardware from afor) and the ready to wear. Bag wise, I am kind of a dyed in the wool Hermes customer. But for some time, have been drawn to the Bal motorcycle bags. There are just some situations (actually, many situations) where a classic Hermes bag is just too fuddy-duddy, and a Bal bag would be better suited.

I think I have narrowed down my interests to:

black or anthracite
giant silver hardware (I think)
first, city or velo

I am leaning toward black with giant silver city in arena leather. Am I am the right track? If you were just going to have one, basic Bal bag, classic but cool, what would you choose?

Thanks in advance - all advice, opinions, insights are welcomed and appreciated.

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
shamrock - you won't regret the black with silver!

Thanks for the advice on the bag. I love the velo, but think it may be too big? I get the sense the city is like the 35 birkin of Balenciaga bags - the basic go-to style?

Malinka6

May 14, 2011
The city has just a perfect size. And with GHardware it really rocks. RH is much calmer i would say.
2011 anthra is really nice option comapred to a basic black.
It's nice to have both models: GH and RH :smile:)