Bal Anthracite Eye Shadow?

I'm bumping this thread, because I'd love to hear brunettetiger's feedback on the eyeshadows. Did it work out nicely? Do you have pics? With the holiday season upon us, interesting makeup tips are always welcome!

It is very hard to replicate a Balenciaga color!!! I've been trying several - all the suggestions here (thanks ladies!) plus some others- but haven't found the right one yet. They are either too blue, too green, murky, etc. Next to try is NARS Underworld!

One combo that did work is NARS Kilimajaro (left side) plus Faith or Goldfinger on lid, then Zardoz as the liner. Zardos turns very dark anthracite, although it is jet black in the pan.

Lipstick - this is a whole other issue! They all look like Tomato in the tube, then they turn pink on my lips! So far NARS Diabro is ok, but not perfect yet...

Have you tried using a lipstain like Benefit's Benetint prior to lipstick so that it gives your lips a rose base? I find that doing that enhanced the color of a Mac red lipstick I bought. Without benetint, my lips are pinkish red, with Benetint, much more robust red.

The Dior one didn't work? Shucks, I tried that on my hand, and it looked gorgeous in the pan. If you're willing to try it, I did this to my eyes last weekend and it looked anthracite to me (I don't have a bag, but I think it matched from memory :P).

Use Zardoz as a base eye cream shadow (I think Zardoz mixed with Lili Marlene [yet to purchase] might actually make a perfect base eyeshadow), follow it with a mix between Urban Decay's Deluxe Zero (or any dark, highly pigmented black) and the Dior blue to make it that dark blue gunmetaly color. I don't have the Dior in my possession, but I mixed what I had, Urban Decay's Goddess as my navy, Pout Idrani eyeslick as my gunmetal, and a bit of Urban Decay Deluxe Adore (electric bluish) to lighten it just a bit. I followed it with a quick pat of the honey color in the Nars duo Windstar and it looked lovely. I'm a fan of layering eyeshadows to achieve the desired color. If you have all of the basics of the Anthracite color, it's just a matter of trial and error as far as assembly and ratio. :flowers:

You can use Zardoz under any deep color to intensify it. If you have a color that isn't delivering the deep color that it shows in the pan, try it over a base of sheerly applied Zardoz and yowza! A Nars make-up artist showed it to me, but credited a drag queen who taught it to him. It has the added benefit of great staying power, as well.

Underworld is awesome! They did my makeup at the Nars counter this weekend for a party and the girl created an awesome smokey look with Underworld. But I will tell you, I think you will find it too blue. Its gorgeous, but very blue, no green to it whatsoever. I dont know Nars colours well enough to give another suggestion but they have so many beautiful shades there has to be something that will work!

It is very hard to replicate a Balenciaga color!!! I've been trying several - all the suggestions here (thanks ladies!) plus some others- but haven't found the right one yet. They are either too blue, too green, murky, etc. Next to try is NARS Underworld!

One combo that did work is NARS Kilimajaro (left side) plus Faith or Goldfinger on lid, then Zardoz as the liner. Zardos turns very dark anthracite, although it is jet black in the pan.

Lipstick - this is a whole other issue! They all look like Tomato in the tube, then they turn pink on my lips! So far NARS Diabro is ok, but not perfect yet...