Baking cake??

1. Ok. My bf's birthday is coming up. I never bake cake b4. I want to make the best chocolate cake for him (he loves chocolate), but seem like it won't going well since I dont know where to start. Do you have any suggestion? Any website?

2. If I were you I would use a mix, like Betty Crocker Butter in the Mix, then use the icing. Making one from scratch is too hard.

3. I know :sad: but I want to make it special tho. I never done anything like this b4. :sad:

4. Go with a mix for your first time, that's the best way.

5. yeah i second the mix, to add a personal touch, by some different coloring icings and sprinkles :smile:. i think mixes taste better than most recipes i've tried. they're pretty fool-proof too, just follow the instructions on the back. i'm sure your boyfriend will just appreciate the thought.

6. Try a Dr. Pepper Chocolate cake. It's good.
    Mixes are pretty tough to beat these days. Some of the best cakes I've made are from mixes.
    I always use a box of Dream Whip for frosting. It's awesome. Good luck.

7. I think making a cake from scratch is relatively easy. You just need a good, straightforward recipe.

Delia Smith is a really good cook and her recipes are always very clear and easy to follow; even if you've never cooked before.

I can honestly say that I've never had a disaster after following one of her recipes:

Site search from Delia Online

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice