Travel Cruise in the Bahamas

My DH and I were thinking of taking a mini trip on this line. It's a two night cruise that leaves out of Palm Beach and goes to Freeport. I've heard very mixed things from people that have done it and was wondering if anyone here had tried it. Would a level 4 cabin be ok for two people for 2 days?

I've heard bad things about it too.

Why not try a conventional cruise line and do a weekend Bahamas trip? Most lines leave Friday afternoon and return early Monday to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

I went on this same cruise last year, leaving from Miami to Grand Bahama Island. It was my first and last cruise and my SO's second and last so there's very little-no personal experience apart from it. However, we both enjoyed it fine and had no notable issues.

NagaJolokia said:
I went on this same cruise last year, leaving from Miami to Grand Bahama Island. It was my first and last cruise and my SO's second and last so there's very little-no personal experience apart from it. However, we both enjoyed it fine and had no notable issues.

We just did it. We really liked it! The food and entertainment exceeded expectations. It's not a super fancy ship, but it's very nice for what it is.

NagaJolokia said:
That's great! Yeah, it's not super fancy but it certainly does the job and is certainly nice enough for the price.

It was better than NCL, in retrospect. The service was top notch. All the employees were so nice and helpful. I think it gets a bum rap because the line that used to own the ship was kind of subpar.

It was better than NCL, in retrospect. The service was top notch. All the employees were so nice and helpful. I think it gets a bum rap because the line that used to own the ship was kind of subpar.

The Imperial Majesty Cruise line that used to own the ship was horrific in terms of customer service and policies. I had purchased a so-called deal that locked me into timeshare presentations, which I was fine with given that they kept their word about everything else. However, so many things went wrong because every customer agent would give me a different answer about something or things were far from what was stated in the reservation booklet, whether it was our freedom to book an appropriate time for the presentations (required at a particular time no matter what when we got to our destination), the length of presentations (nearly double what they told us), upgrade of the cabin (it was never honored by this company and we had to call the new company instead to rectify this), lack of said transportation to the hotel/presentation twice which left us stranded each time, etc. I cannot even name them all without writing an essay.

I just know NEVER AGAIN will I do any business with them. They tie with a tele-company in being the worst company that I ever did business with.

NagaJolokia said:
The Imperial Majesty Cruise line that used to own the ship was horrific in terms of customer service and policies. I had purchased a so-called deal that locked me into timeshare presentations, which I was fine with given that they kept their word about everything else. However, so many things went wrong because every customer agent would give me a different answer about something or things were far from what was stated in the reservation booklet, whether it was our freedom to book an appropriate time for the presentations (required at a particular time no matter what when we got to our destination), the length of presentations (nearly double what they told us), upgrade of the cabin (it was never honored by this company and we had to call the new company instead to rectify this), lack of said transportation to the hotel/presentation twice which left us stranded each time, etc. I cannot even name them all without writing an essay.

I just know NEVER AGAIN will I do any business with them. They tie with a tele-company in being the worst company that I ever did business with.

Wow! We bought it directly from the website after reading some reviews on cruisecritic.com. The older reviews were fairly negative, but the recent reviews were almost all good. We were considering doing the cruise and stay next time since it was such a good deal.

Wow! We bought it directly from the website after reading some reviews on cruisecritic.com. The older reviews were fairly negative, but the recent reviews were almost all good. We were considering doing the cruise and stay next time since it was such a good deal.

The Celebration Cruise Line for the Bahamas Celebration was very good in my experience and knew what they were talking about; they took over the customer service of Imperial Majesty Cruse Line in early 2010 for the cruise portion or so, so that I had to deal with Imperial Majesty Cruise Line/Ramada Plaza Resort partnership for just the first 85 percent of our vacation package (Puerto Vallarta, Las Vegas, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale). Imperial Majesty Cruise Line also used to have the very crummy Regal Empress, which was what we were originally going to have to go on as part of the package, until sometime in 2009 when it sailed off to an Indian scrapyard or something.

I bet that's why the older reviews were negative like mine and the newer ones are good. I would go on Bahamas Celebration again, especially since I wouldn't have to deal with Imperial Majesty Cruise Line anymore. Nice enough ship and nice enough new-to-me company.