Travel Bahamas and Jewelry

Secret823

O.G.
May 7, 2010
North Carolina
I'm glad to see there is some interest.

Just to be a bit more specific. I was hoping to find a good deal on gold and precious stones.

Pictures of souvenirs would be very helpful!

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Well, the cruise ships will tell you that there are great deals....but you're really just saving on tax + duty, which appears minimal. In addition, what happens if something goes wrong? None of those stores are in the US.

IDK, they push those stores on all the cruises but I am always a little leery of the quality. But then again, I wouldn't make a major purchase like that without doing a ton of research.

OlgaMUA

Style is Eternal
May 18, 2008
Little Rhody
www.makeupandimage.com
the cruise director/cruise line get a kickback for recommending certain stores... so just be aware that this is going to be reflected on the price.

You CAN get a good deal.. but you have to know your local prices and do your research before venturing into the stores.. and HAGGLE aggressively.. don't worry about "insulting" them with a low offer. It's just a starting point in theart of negotiation.

And offer to pay cash.. that way they don't incur the credit card fees so they can pass that savings onto you.

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
PA USA
One tip. ALWAYS haggle on the price. They inflate the price 400+% on jewelry. I bought a Tanzanite and Diamond bangle a few years ago. The starting price was $10,000. I got it for $2500. If you are looking for a known piece of jewelry (a specific watch?) know your prices well. I bought a Tag watch for $1,100, retail was $1600. They really overcharge people on the cruise ships. Don't be afraid to deal, they expect it and won't be offended.

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
A few girls at my work always get good deals in jewelry when they travel there. The key was what the others have already said haggle with them, if they arent budgeing pricewise threaten to leave their store and they will give you a better price.