The Return of the Baguette

Thank you so much for your reply and input! I definitely made the right decision. It really is more lux and very much a statement piece, which is what I was going for. I’m in Toronto so I definitely get a long cold fall and winter season where this bag would be perfect. I love the raffia!! It’s so unique as well, very textured and just gorgeous. Which colour way did you get? I also love the jacquard version.
The terry cloth does remind me of the muppet show too, lol. It’s funny cause when I asked the sa how the terrycloth would wear, he said “good, kind of like a towel over time.” Sure, except we can wash and fluff our towels, and even then they still can look dingy after a while. Though I worry about the wear on the fur too, and it rubbing down over time as I’ve seen on some of the used ones online.

The shearling! So luxe compared to the terrycloth. My husband got me my baguette and because I live in the tropics I chose the raffia. If I were still living in a colder place I’d go for the shearling for sure!
Terrycloth is so cute though , reminds me of Fozzie Bear from the muppet show

Last edited:
The shearling! So luxe compared to the terrycloth. My husband got me my baguette and because I live in the tropics I chose the raffia. If I were still living in a colder place I’d go for the shearling for sure!
Terrycloth is so cute though , reminds me of Fozzie Bear from the muppet show

Hello! I am thinking of adding a second Fendi baguette to my collection and have fallen in love with the woven canvas one from the pre-fall collection. Just wondering how your raffia baguette has been holding up? I love the texture of the natural woven materials but am so worried about potentially getting them dirty. They won't be able to be fixed then right?

Does anyone else have any tips or feedback on the wear and tear of natural woven materials for bags?

8BR600AD66F1C6F_01_xlarge-grey.jpg

After much online research and a couple of returns, I fell in love with the shearling baguette (only pics though, never saw it in person). Pre ordered it in late June and finally picked it up in store yesterday (Pics are on SA). I was debating between the shearling and the terrycloth baguette (totally different Styles and seasons, I know) but I wanted something with texture, something unique and something that screamed Fendi. I chose the shearling. What do you all think? I love the shearling but also still love that terry cloth lol. Can only choose one baguette for now.

View attachment 4823676

View attachment 4823677

View attachment 4823678

View attachment 4823679

View attachment 4823681
Definitely shearling! 1000%, It looks fabulous, premium, so luxurious and unique and special. It’s gorgeous. Two years ago the mon tresor came in shearling, in FF logo with pink, and I was undecided and umming and undecided and missed it. And it’s my biggest fendi regret. I hope you get shearling! Will look stunning especially in winter!

This one is gorgeous!
I have not had mine Long enough to address your concerns but it doesn’t feel fragile at all. I’d think that woven canvas maybe even tougher than raffia.
Hello! I am thinking of adding a second Fendi baguette to my collection and have fallen in love with the woven canvas one from the pre-fall collection. Just wondering how your raffia baguette has been holding up? I love the texture of the natural woven materials but am so worried about potentially getting them dirty. They won't be able to be fixed then right?

Does anyone else have any tips or feedback on the wear and tear of natural woven materials for bags?

View attachment 4825492

Reactions: Sapphirequeen
I got this one:smile: oh so Glad you got the shearling, do share a pic when you receive it!
Thank you so much for your reply and input! I definitely made the right decision. It really is more lux and very much a statement piece, which is what I was going for. I’m in Toronto so I definitely get a long cold fall and winter season where this bag would be perfect. I love the raffia!! It’s so unique as well, very textured and just gorgeous. Which colour way did you get? I also love the jacquard version.
The terry cloth does remind me of the muppet show too, lol. It’s funny cause when I asked the sa how the terrycloth would wear, he said “good, kind of like a towel over time.” Sure, except we can wash and fluff our towels, and even then they still can look dingy after a while. Though I worry about the wear on the fur too, and it rubbing down over time as I’ve seen on some of the used ones online.

27176A5F-13B5-4EB6-8909-4E2EA6EED494.jpeg

Reactions: Sapphirequeen
@GucciGoneWild I love the bag. I have only had it a week. It is sooooo soft and smooshy. It is holding a shape but won't stand on it's own.
Yay!!! So glad you love it! The leather baguettes are soft little things. I went to see some of the sizes at Saks the other day and I didn’t love them as much as I thought I would, so disappointing when you really want to love something! I might change my mind again later on :facepalm:

I’m struggling to choose between the Fendi baguette in the brown ff logo canvas or the same size in the black nappa leather. Both are gorgeous. I’ve heard that the nappa leather doesn’t wear well but I love the look and feel of it. I love both but can only have 1! Any thoughts or advice would be wonderfully appreciated. Thank you.

0DE40929-28BA-4F07-8A04-6452B6171F33.png

2091ECF9-2B93-433F-AE76-E6A16A44096A.png

The canvas on this particular Baguette is uncoated so will wear with time (uncoated bags can develop holes in corners and can become quite worn over time), so leather may be your best choice. I also find that I struggle to justify fully canvas bags, especially at Fendi prices, when there isn't a huge price difference between that and the full leather version. :hrmm:

The canvas on this particular Baguette is uncoated so will wear with time (uncoated bags can develop holes in corners and can become quite worn over time), so leather may be your best choice. I also find that I struggle to justify fully canvas bags, especially at Fendi prices, when there isn't a huge price difference between that and the full leather version. :hrmm:
I’m struggling with the price also for the canvas - it’s exactly the same as the leather price.