Bagsnob hates Mulberry?

Ilin

Jun 22, 2009
Have you checked out that site Bagsnob? I noticed that they seem to hate Mulberry! They're calling Bayswater:

"The poor man's Birkin" :nuts: Can you believe that?! I don't think they are similar at all! And then in another post they said that Bayswater is a good BUDGET bag?!

And also, they think that Mitzy hoby is a copy to YSL Mombasa bag... I can't see the similarities?

I couldn't keep myself from posting! There's lots of other examples on the site.

What do you make of this?

Swanky mama:

Lol, mall rats?! Coach is a luxury brand...

I think she's just born rich and don't know what it's like to struggle to be able to afford "the poor man's Birkin" or for most people, to even afford to pay the rent, and therefore I think she never learnt to value "cheap" brands like Mulberry and Coach.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! :biggrin:

it's not about that to me . . . to me it's about the judgmental{ness} and name calling nastiness that turns me off. I've met her and I have a little insight on her.
It's more about projecting an image she wants us to have of her.

I didn't compare Coach to Hérmes or other brands that's very expensive such as Chanel. You can't compare, like you pointed out.

Coach is still a luxury brand for most people. Let's face it, most of the people out there is buying bags at at cheap shops and when she call people that buy Coach bags, bags that the Walmart people can't afford, it's like a kick in the face to them.

Mall rats are in my opinion people that shop bags at Hennes & Mauritz and similar cheap shops.

to me a mall rat is just people that hang out at malls for recreation. Why would she even label someone who has a preference for a certain a mall rat?
I'm not a Coach fan so I know it's not me being biased.
We have a beautiful Coach boutique nearby and it's not even in a mall! LOL!

Rats are intelligent little creatures and probably have better things to do with their lives than shop (or write silly columns).... you know, things like chewing through electric cables, proper dramatic things, with real consequences.

Poor Bagsnob - to be so confused over money & class................on reflection it's a good thing that she appears not to like Mulberry - Id be very worried if she did!

Ive never read her blog - Ill go and treat myself to laughing at her abject shallowness!

I've not seen the site (and hearing the comments it has made now I have no intention of checking it out.

It sounds like Swanky is right and its more about the image she is TRYING to portray of herself rather than anything else. I don't personally care what other people think - I buy what I like (and I have everything from Cath Kidston, Mulberry, LV and Hermes).

I just think that if this person is spending their time slagging off brands that she thinks are below her then she is a very sad individual.