Bags with many compartments: How do you organize stuff in them?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently got a bag that is in the double zip satchel category and I'm at a loss as to how my things are supposed to be organized inside. With so many lovely compartments, it feels sort of redundant to put pouches inside (vs a one compartment tote like le pliage or something). but i feel out of sorts just dumping my stuff in, which is what i have been doing and to be honest, it's working. so how do you all organize your stuff in bags with many compartments?

2. #2 Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    I love open, single-compartment totes but can't seem to live with them; I hate it when things get messy and I have rummage through the depths to find something. One of my new favorite bags is a Mulberry Bayswater-ishly shaped shoulder bag with two compartments plus a divider with a zipper. I usually put my wallet in the divider compartment (to keep it safer, a lot of professional thieves at work in this town), then sort my stuff into the other 2; one side will have my makeup bag, sunnies, umbrella, gloves, the other will hold my agenda, water bottle, documents and so on. I try to keep one side for professional and the other for my own use, so to speak.