Bags with chain straps

lovelylondon

Feb 7, 2013
I bought one of the patent bags (large vara flap) and it has a gold chain strap. Well, the strap has now completely fallen off the bag twice. My husband is handy so I had him use needle nose pliers to put it back on the first time, but it's a little weird that the links aren't fully connected to the bag. Has anyone else had this happen?

I only have one Ferragamo chain strap bag but I've never had this happen and I use it quite a bit with the chain. I would take it in to Ferragamo and have them fix it.

Just wondered if it is possible to change out the chain straps on a bag - e.g. To use a long crossbody chain on a mini bag which only has the short 9" drop chain.

I have seen a mini bag/clutch similar to tpfer Minami in another thread, and thought it might be nice to switch it to crossbody if a longer chainstrap could be used. I guess more in the way LV sells separate straps to use on their bags.
I include a picture from her original post for reference ( with apologies to Minami):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 447
I agree with pre10d. You should bring it into a Ferragamo store to have it repaired. If your bag is still under the 1 year warranty, the repair should be covered. I brought my Sookie tote in because the stitching was starting to loosen. They sent it in for repair at Rago Brothers in NJ. The workmanship was very good.

Just wondered if it is possible to change out the chain straps on a bag - e.g. To use a long crossbody chain on a mini bag which only has the short 9" drop chain.

I have seen a mini bag/clutch similar to tpfer Minami in another thread, and thought it might be nice to switch it to crossbody if a longer chainstrap could be used. I guess more in the way LV sells separate straps to use on their bags.

I include a picture from her original post for reference ( with apologies to Minami):

Lol it's ok dear..no need to apologise!

I use this small bag occasionally for shopping trips lol. But yeah sometimes I wish it were a long strap as well.