Bags that are not a pain in the neck...

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
Hi. The last two trips to the park, one with Louis Vuitton speedy b and one with a chanel flap, I have noticed my bags are giving me pains in my neck. Can you suggest bags that do not cause aches and pains?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I wold definitely suggest considering the weight of your bag. Keep it light if you can. I used to have troubles when I was in New York because I hauled so much stuff around all the time.

My current obsession is Mansur Gavriel – they are super light!

I was thinking maybe the hermes Evelyne. Is that light? Also I haven't Seen it on the website? I never heard of that other brand, I will look it up. Any preferences for comfort; crossbody, handheld, shoulder?

I have shoulder tendonitis and bad neck and back pain and I find any kind of shoulder bag aggravates it. I stick to handheld or crook of arm bags, and coated canvas because leather bags are heavy even before you put anything in them. I love my regular LV Speedy and similar bags in cotemporary brands.

I was thinking maybe the hermes Evelyne. Is that light? Also I haven't Seen it on the website? I never heard of that other brand, I will look it up. Any preferences for comfort; crossbody, handheld, shoulder?

You can find Evelyne on the Hérmes webstore by choosing "BUY ONLINE" -> either using the search function or going to "LEATHER" -> "BAGS AND LUGGAGE" -> "WOMEN" and from there you get all 3 sizes of Evelyne and also other bags.

I am in the same boat. Went to a book fair yesterday and ended up having my bag in my shoulder. It's all leather and I am sore and it was not even full. Is a thin strap better or the thicker strap on a crossbody? Sometimes I swear I think the thicker strap hurts more?

BV crossbodies! But they're not big big bags (though the shoulder hobos are).

I think wide strap should be better since it distributes the weight across bigger surface area (at least in theory). I hate to admit it, but no 'regular' bag is as comfortable over a long time as my camera bags (Domke and Crumpler)- Domke I'd say is better looking with some smaller canvas messenger styles with a retro safari-ish vibe? Not the most fashionable but if I'm out all day with almost 10lbs equipment, it's the only thing that works. Camera bag companies have to be designed for comfort, whereas in my experience at least, it's just not the top priority with designer bags.

Last edited: