Bags & More Bags?

Apr 22, 2018
How many bags do you REALLY own :coolio:?

This is tPF, so people here probably own more bags than “the average”. But then, I don’t know how many bags an average woman owns :P.

Did the pandemic change your handbag buying behaviours and shopping behaviours in general?

Did you find yourself needing to justify more when spending money during this pandemic?

I have 9 bags, with 1 more coming (not going to receive it until August).

Reactions: cecchetti
I only have 9 but it’s a pretty curated collection. I’ll be adding another within the next year but that’ll probably be the extent of my collection for a while.

As for shopping behaviour, I haven’t gone to a store, since COVID due to store closures. Now that they have reopened, the new health & safety procedures have sucked all the fun out of shopping. I don’t think I’ll be going anytime soon...

I’m working on a made to order Delvaux by phone order but the process is far less fun than in person. Sigh:doh:

I only have 9 but it’s a pretty curated collection. I’ll be adding another within the next year but that’ll probably be the extent of my collection for a while.

As for shopping behaviour, I haven’t gone to a store, since COVID due to store closures. Now that they have reopened, the new health & safety procedures have sucked all the fun out of shopping. I don’t think I’ll be going anytime soon...

I’m working on a made to order Delvaux by phone order but the process is far less fun than in person. Sigh:doh:

Same here, I try to keep my collection curated and minimum. What are the bags in your curated collection?

I agree! Even though the economy has re-opened, but many stores are still closed. It’s just not fun going to the mall anymore (not always to buy stuff, but sometimes just to window shop). Some of the clothing stores I frequently visit have long line ups, so whenever I see that I am leaving. In a way, this is good. It saves my wallet. Lol.

Did you order the Delvaux Brilliant bag? That’s what they are famous for, not that I own anything from them.

My collection so far:
1. Speedy 35 with strap
2. An unbranded leather satchel
3. D&G three gusset briefcase
4. Lambskin LV shoulder bag (Ixia MM)
5. Coach briefcase
6. Coach mini bag
7. Chevron paillette Chanel medium flap
8. D&G belt bag
9. A waterproof briefcase with sealed zippers from Mountain equipment Co-Op
10. Custom Roots duffel bag in Horween leather.
11. Loewe painted T pouch

Turns out I have 11 not 9!

A tempête micro (inspired by sailboat rigging), it resonated with me, since I’ve been sailing since I was 7.

I’m waiting on their response to see which combination is feasible.
1. Python exterior and ostrich interior
2. Stingray exterior and ostrich side panels

Last edited:
I have five bags (three LC, one MCM one kate spade), but also I have three bags in our cellar, two are fakes I wouldn't wear anymore (Tod's and Stella McCartney fakes I bought before getting in the handbag-addiction) and one is just a little old but I'm thinking of trying to revive it. My closet is very small (european small) so I have to be careful about what I add.

My collection so far:
1. Speedy 35 with strap
2. An unbranded leather satchel
3. D&G three gusset briefcase
4. Lambskin LV shoulder bag (Ixia MM)
5. Coach briefcase
6. Coach mini bag
7. Chevron paillette Chanel medium flap
8. D&G belt bag
9. A waterproof briefcase with sealed zippers from Mountain equipment Co-Op
10. Custom Roots duffel bag in Horween leather.
11. Loewe painted T pouch

Turns out I have 11 not 9!

A tempête micro (inspired by sailboat rigging), it resonated with me, since I’ve been sailing since I was 7.

I’m waiting on their response to see which combination is feasible.
1. Python exterior and ostrich interior
2. Stingray exterior and ostrich side panels

Nice collection you got there!
Roots does customized bags? Didn’t know that! Good luck on your customized order :smile:.

You have been sailing since 7? Where have you been to so far? Now I am more interested in your sailing journey than your bags lol.

I have five bags (three LC, one MCM one kate spade), but also I have three bags in our cellar, two are fakes I wouldn't wear anymore (Tod's and Stella McCartney fakes I bought before getting in the handbag-addiction) and one is just a little old but I'm thinking of trying to revive it. My closet is very small (european small) so I have to be careful about what I add.

Sorry, maybe I am not up to date, what does LC stand for?

Nice collection you got there!
Roots does customized bags? Didn’t know that! Good luck on your customized order :smile:.

You have been sailing since 7? Where have you been to so far? Now I am more interested in your sailing journey than your bags lol.

I’m not sure if Roots still offers the service. Ever since they sold the company to an investment group (Searchlight international), things have gone downhill fast.

They used to offer custom shoes/boots and they were made in their Toronto workshop. They have since outsourced to the Far East and no longer offer repairs for their shoes.

I’ve sailed in:
Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia (Canada)...Barbados, Antigua, Aruba, St-Lucia.However the best by far was Corsica on the open ocean.
95BF92D8-2E68-4109-9759-E013E0041D73.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: papertiger
I’m not sure if Roots still offers the service. Ever since they sold the company to an investment group (Searchlight international), things have gone downhill fast.

They used to offer custom shoes/boots and they were made in their Toronto workshop. They have since outsourced to the Far East and no longer offer repairs for their shoes.

I’ve sailed in:
Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia (Canada)...Barbados, Antigua, Aruba, St-Lucia.However the best by far was Corsica on the open ocean.
View attachment 4762670

That black duffle bag does look nice :smile:! Thanks for sharing a photo of it. I’d use it for travel. I miss travelling!

Since you have been to quite a few places in Canada, I am assuming you’re Canadian? If yes, same here :smile:.

Haven’t bought stuff from Roots in a very long time. The last purchase was some kids clothes from Roots online.

Reactions: Christofle
That black duffle bag does look nice :smile:! Thanks for sharing a photo of it. I’d use it for travel. I miss travelling!

Since you have been to quite a few places in Canada, I am assuming you’re Canadian? If yes, same here :smile:.

Haven’t bought stuff from Roots in a very long time. The last purchase was some kids clothes from Roots online.
Hmm. Sounds like I didn’t take a good picture. It is cobalt blue :nuts:

I also miss travelling and my monthly Holt Renfrew & brunch outings.

Feels as if we are living in a dystopian sci-fi novel!

• Haha
Reactions: papertiger
Hmm. Sounds like I didn’t take a good picture. It is cobalt blue :nuts:

I also miss travelling and my monthly Holt Renfrew & brunch outings.

Feels as if we are living in a dystopian sci-fi novel!

Ooops! Lol. It looks black to me. Do you prefer Holts or Nordstrom? I personally prefer Holts more.

If it wasn’t the pandemic, a lot of us would be out and about. We can still go out, but it’s different with line ups everywhere.