Bags for school?

Jeanna

Feb 5, 2006
Which ones do you like best? are the most practical? would last the longest? etc. (I'm in college and would use it for 3 more years if it lasts)

Prada - 10¼"H X 15"L X 5¾"W - $590
E0416628526226_v1_m56577569831160044.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs - 10½"H X 13"L X 5¾"W - $368
E0411829566736_v1_m56577569831154425.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs - 13½"H X 14¼"L X 5½"W - $298
E0411829703162_v1_m56577569831154428.jpg

LV - 6.5" L x 14.1" H x 3.7" W - $715 (not in white though!)
p10883257_ph_hero.jpg

Tod's - 10"H x 16"W x 3"D - $995 (obviously, this one's a bit much)
NMV6444_mp.jpg

Suggestions would be nice too! It needs to fit over my shoulder, be durable/big enough for a textbook, and be under $1000.

I like the LV, but $715 is kind of high for a bag that will get a lot of wear. You might consider a Coach tote; they're very durable at about half the cost. I've used them for work for years.

I'd go for the MJ tote. It's cute--not too pricey and will probably cover up a lot of wear due to the dark color. Btw, what happened to just getting a North Face backpack--those things are indestructible.

Oh I already have a Northface backpack and love it! But on the days that I barely have classes and don't need to walk far, I like to dress up a little and wear heels, and a backpack doesn't work with heels! I've found carrying a purse and books to be really uncomfortable, so I was thinking a tote might be useful.

Jeanna said:
Do they have non-monogram coach totes? The only ones I've seen have the monogram all over, and I don't really want that.

Right now I'm using a plain black leather one that only has the Coach hang tag -- easily removed. I don't think the Web site has these any more, but the suede ones only have the name burned in once near the top. The plain leather ones may still be available in the outlets; I'm not sure.

Jeanna said:
Oh I already have a Northface backpack and love it! But on the days that I barely have classes and don't need to walk far, I like to dress up a little and wear heels, and a backpack doesn't work with heels! I've found carrying a purse and books to be really uncomfortable, so I was thinking a tote might be useful.

I gotcha... How about these coach bags? The first one is a little business-like, but it might be nice for future use.

http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=7537&category_id=500

This one from the Gap is just a "happy" color combo and a GREAT price:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=10431&pid=372409&scid=372409022

I don't know how you feel about Burberry--but they sometimes have simple totes with shoulder handles that are well under $1k...

Ooh! I might just have to visit the coach outlet this weekend. I wasn't really liking any of the tote bags I was seeing online. Coach seems to make great totes, I just never looked into it because I thought they were all monogramed! Thanks everyone!

i vote and strongly for the Prada one:love: .. oh if i had not graduated i would have bought that prada and used it for college!!!!!!! :biggrin:
looks young and black is the right color to choose for such a long usage need.. and the design.. i just love it!! those pockets would come very handy i can imagine..
i carried a Fendi for two years in college and it served me like no other bag did before! "u can check its pick in my showcase".. but then mine is monogramed..

my openion.. Go for the Prada one! :idea: its classic in its own way!!:amuse: