Bags for every season?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I keep reading about using certain bags for certain season. So, I have no idea which bags ( types, color) go for each different season( fall, summer, etc)
    I live in sunny FL so most of the time is hot in here. Can someone explain me?

2. Well, I live in a place where we have four very distinct seasons.. and about 6 months of it is winter.. LOL!

My lime Hailey is for spring/summer. When I think spring/summer, I think lime, bone, white, yellow, pink, peony, coral. I plan to carry her all summer except if I go out at night, or the lime clashes with what I'm wearing.

My walnut Madison screams fall/winter to me! I plan to use her until my birthday (middle of March), then switch to Hailey until September. Fall/winter colors to me are: brown, espresso, dark green, black. Most other colors are year-round colors to me: silver, gold, cinnamon, red, teal, blue, cherry, cranberry, amethyst, purple.

Year-round bags for me are my black Sabrina and silver Glam Tote. I will use those for the appropriate occasions or desires as necessary.

3. same thought here: Bright colors for Spring/Summer neutral or darker for Fall/Winter but in Florida I would just wear all the colors all year or you will always be wondering what bag its like they used to say don;t wear white till Memorial Day and not after Labor Day iDoes that make sense...

4. Yes, that makes sense. Thanks ladies for your input. I was kind of confused since here it's like summer all year long

5. I don't think it matters in Florida.

6. I agree!

7. ^^ I live in Florida although I'm a NoVA/DC transplant...and I wear whatever color bag I feel like that day. :biggrin:

8. Usually I carry my dark tonal Hamptons PW in the winter. It's got suede and makes me think that it's a winter bag.

For warmer times, I specifically bought the Pearl leather Carly. Much lighter in color, reminds me of spring. Although I carried it in December...I still have no idea why. :smile:

I also have the metallic leather Sabrina, although I don't carry it often, I think of it as a warmer weather bag, probably b/c of the lighter color.

My black leather Zoe I carry whenever I want. Sometimes in the warmer months, to replace the black Hamptons. Those are really the only big bags I have (the rest are for going out).

I just got the inlaid Claire (for PCE, not the stupid good outlet price, still kicking myself for that) in plum, and although it's suede too, I think I can get away with it into the spring.

9. I agree that in Florida it doesn't matter! I'm in Canada and I usually carry black bags in winter and lighter colors in the other seasons. But my Dad lived in Florida and his family (my stepmother and stepbrothers) didn't own coats - I used to be so envious when I was slogging though 3 foot snow drifts!

10. HI,
    I don't think it really matters what bag or the color you use ~~ Personal preference. If you like a certain bag, use it no matter if it is Summer or Winter!!! (IMO)
    I live in MN so Winter last forever!!! I use whatever bag I am in the mood for! LOL

Lynne :biggrin:

11. I use anybag any time. i can understand if i was back home : MI: i would probably be more careful

12. as for me, i dont mind what season it is, as long as it suit my outfit!

13. Yup!

14. I agree!!!;)

15. I agree!!!