Bags been sitting in my closet since purcahsed. Am I crazy?

ok girls i have a very obvious and simple solution for your unused expensive handbags:
GIVE THEM ALL TO ME:graucho:!!!!!

haha but seriously. have you thought about selling them off? or is it a matter of sentimental value? i don't really have a problem with using new expensive bags except for my GORGEOUS sissi rossi one ....the leather is SO soft and the colour and beautiful and everytime i carry it i'm so scared it'll get rained on, or i'll sweat on it, or.....who knows! but other than that, i usually can't WAIT to take my new bags out for a spin.

I would feel so bad having gorgeous bags sitting in my closet unused. For me, bags are meant to be taken out and used, plain and simple.

I must admit I feel bad when my bags get stains or worn marks... but that is almost unavoidable. :crybaby:

I say sell those unused bags! I have had quite a few beautiful bags but ended up selling several because I knew I'd never use them, no matter how much I loved it. It's just not worth keeping a bag like that when you could use that money toward something you CAN use.

I think its okay if you buy bags because you get your fill from looking at them. I know people who hang them on their wall and never use them. But I get pleasure from using the bag rather than looking at it. So I think it depends on what your reason for liking bags is.

If a bag is rare or if it's easily damaged then I sometimes have the same problem.

A couple of months ago I bought Marc yellow wristlet. It's very cheap, but it's so beautiful and do easily stained that I found a nice solution, I bought one more, a spare one.

I think its okay if you buy bags because you get your fill from looking at them. I know people who hang them on their wall and never use them. But I get pleasure from using the bag rather than looking at it. So I think it depends on what your reason for liking bags is.

THAT is my goal. someday when i have enough money and a place of my own, it's going to look like a fashion art house... i'm hanging my bags on the walls and the work-of-art shoes on the walls and displaying 1 - 2 outfits in the living room.

of course, at the rate i'm going, collecting those bags and shoes are eating into my house fund. property is so freaking expensive!! ARGH

I purchased quite a few expensive bags. But a lot of them just been sitting in my closet since I bought them, and they have never been used. I didn't want to use them because I dont want them to get dirty. Or I dont have many occasions that I want to carry them.

Anyone does the same thing? Am I the only one that is a little "strange".... :confused1:
I completely understand! I have a lot of handbags, very nice ones, sitting in their dust covers in my closet. I have two Diors that have never, ever been worn. But the point is, I HAVE a nice selection and when the appropriate occasion arises, I have a nice handbag to compliment my outfit.

Plus, I consider collecting handbags to be my hobby. I appreciate the fine quality of hand workmanship and nice leather. So if I only wear them once in a while, that's okay. They're mine, all mine!

Yep! I'm guilty of that too!! :rolleyes: I often buy things for the lifestyle I want to have as opposed to considering what works best for my lifestyle NOW. So....I have lot's of new bags in my closet, but, I love knowing they are there when I need them!! :yes:

the brand new with tags Celine Bittersweet bag from NM has been sitting in my closet since its arrival in Feb. i'm just as guilty!

Snowtire- Sorry to get off topic, but I had been trying to get that color (as you may have read in posts of mine) but NM sent me the Brown instead 3 times! If you end up returning yours (I know they allow like 280 days) would you please PM me before so I can have a NM representative look out for it? Thanks!

I too have a few bags w/ tags still in closet...it's like I'm trying to complete the "perfect collection" in terms of color & variety and just can't decide what should stay & what should go:confused1:

My issue is not that I don't use the bags I buy - I fall in love with a bag and HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW, then I carry it a few times and it never sees day again. I was organizing my bags today and fell upon my Betsey Johnson Good Girl bag. I haven't carried it since January. Same thing with a Dolce and Gabanna bag I bought last year. I last carried that one in August 06'. :noggin:

I've started to only choose bags that I absolutely know that I will use long term. No more impulse buying.

I used to do the same thing until I found this forum. I finally pulled out my first Chloe that was from the year before the paddington came out (tells you how long it sat in the closet) and now I can't wait to use them. I do have all my new bags in the closet because I'm still deciding if I'm going to return one or two. Take your bags out and show them off - it's liberating!

I used to do the same thing until I found this forum. I finally pulled out my first Chloe that was from the year before the paddington came out (tells you how long it sat in the closet) and now I can't wait to use them. I do have all my new bags in the closet because I'm still deciding if I'm going to return one or two. Take your bags out and show them off - it's liberating!
Yay, starbuxx!!!!! Glad you saw the light!! Your bags are meant to be seen in public!! :yes:

Bags were made to be USEd AND ENJOYED. I love seeing nice bags being carried- I admire them- and I wear all my good jewelry all the time for the same reason. Whya keep your fabulus bags hidden when we can live vicariously thru you by seeing your fab bags??
I think the really good bags look BETTER with age and when they are broken in. They look loved. My bags have seen London, Paris, Denmark, Monaco, etc.. and they have brightened the aisles of the local grocery store! I think it's a shame to own something so great and let it sit in the dark. I say wear them out and use them and see the looks you get. It will reinforce that feeling you had when you laid eyes on it and decided you had to have it. I think it's sad to leave your jewelry and bags in safe deposit boxes and closets. These things were made and created to be used and worn and enjoyed! My little tiny smudges show that these bags have LIVED! (and seen the world!) and that its owner gets out there!!!
(Just my two cents)