Bags and the City

I'm in a college town, and we have quite a bit of variety. The students carry a lot of the small Coach bags out at night (I think these are mostly the sorority girls), but I will see the occasional student with a Kooba or something else that I recognize.

My fellow professors usually are carrying nondesigner, practical bags. I've had students complement me on my clothes and bags, usually when I carry one of my stams or MJ stellas.

People wear practical,nondescript bags and bags that can be worn on a bicycle in this city.
I never see designer bags other than my own.

Many teenage girls wear fake Luis Vuitton.:worried:

If I were ever to see a good bag,I would know that it is a tourist or other foreigner...

harm0ni said:
In the NY/NJ area there seems to be just about every type of handbag there is....but these days, I'm seeing a lot of balenciagas...or maybe i'm just noticing them more ever since my sister got one.

I agree. B-bags are big in Short Hills.

Kiari said:
Im in the DC area, in the burbs I see a LOT of Coach, I also see LV, Gucci, and D&B. Across the street from my office is a very nice mall with Neimans Saks, Chanel, Coach. Down the street are LV Gucci and Hermes stores. If you go shopping you see a lot of everything...but out and about it's mostly Coach, LV, D&B and Gucci.

I have to add that I see a lot of Longchamp and Vera Bradley totes while on the Metro everyday.

Nashville, TN:

-Longchamp and Herve Chapelier totes at Vanderbilt U.
-Vera Bradley
-Kate Spade
-Coach
-Dooney & Bourke
-LV
-some Gucci
-sequin bags :sick:

One day I saw a girl with a Chloe Paddington. I wanted to compliment her on her bag, but didn't have the guts. I usually carry a Marc Jacobs bag; feels unique!

In Edmonton, AB Canada:
I see a lot of LV--and a lot of fake ones. :sad: Burberry is popular too. I'm starting to see more Balenciaga, since we have them available here now! Fakes of those abound as well, unfortunately. Marc Jacobs is getting to be more popular, and today, I actually saw someone carrying an Hermes. (Looked real!)

In my part of Atlanta, there's the odd LV, but it's almost always a Speedy. It's rare to see anything else, and I like that since I spent big buckaroos on a Babylone. Coach and D&B are the predominant brands you see, and I've also spotted a VERY rare KVZ (on sale constantly at the local stores). Kooba and those with a similar style seem to be everywhere. What I've really noticed are a ton of slouchy hobos with beads and such all over them. I really can't wait for that trend to die a miserable death. Oh yeah, and Vera Bradley is definitely popular.