Bags and SLGs you've bought because of social media!

littleburrito

Aug 15, 2015
Thought this would be an interesting topic to hear about, did a quick search but couldn't find anything on it!
What have you bought because of things you have seen on facebook/twitter/instagram/pinterest etc.?
Personally, I bought my pochette metis after seeing it posted all over instagram. Also bought some tiffany jewellery after seeing several of my fave instagrammers own some too! It's a dangerous online world out there for my wallet 😂
So.... what about you? 😊

I've bought many items because of bloggers I follow on Instagram and YouTube!

The main culprit for parting with my cash is this site! I buy things online without even going to the shops because I'm seduced by the photo's people post on here. I bought a new YSL bag this week all because I stumbled across it on a thread on here!

Hmmmm, good question. So far I can't think of one. The LV Ramages collection, but I was already interested in purchasing something from that collection. Seeing pre release pics did put it on my radar and I did purchase a bag.

Currently the whole Backpack movement still surprises me. While everyone else loves it and many have said "after watching others do unboxings" they went and purchased it, I'm still not a fan and no amount of Instagram pics and unboxings will make me get one:lol:

None. I don't really get inspired by Instagram. That said, I do get inspired by the ads in fashion magazines...vogue, town and country. I think LV and Dior campaigns are always well done. I'm more likely to purchase because of those vs social media.

not exactly social media, but my very first LV was the Multicolore Speedy...thanks to binge watching Jessica Simpson on Newlyweds back then lol.

I don't own any Multicolor items, though I wish I had picked up a SLG (Milla or maybe a cles). I have to say Jessica Simpson's Show also turned me on to the Speedy/LV, which I didn't end up buying until 2010.

Currently the whole Backpack movement still surprises me. While everyone else loves it and many have said "after watching others do unboxings" they went and purchased it, I'm still not a fan and no amount of Instagram pics and unboxings will make me get one:lol:

Same here.. :cool:

OMG I probably wouldn't have bought any bags if I hadn't seen them online! None of my friends/family are into lux items.

Pochette Metis: Definitely got on the bandwagon for this bag, which I've recently sold, since, while I loved it as a handbag (and still do), I just didn't love it for me.

Neverfull GM Mono: #jerushamademedoit on this one... sold it since I have an identical MM, HOWEVER, I'm starting to regret it a titch. It was just so big and perfect for times when you need a gigantic bag!

Palm Springs mini: Thought this was silly when I first saw it, then saw a couple videos that made it more appealing...add to that the "chase" after a bag that's hard to get... HOWEVER, I love this bag and after a recent purge, it has stayed and I have no intention of selling it (even though this would be the right time if I wanted to!). Currently ones of my top 3 fave bags.

Chloe Drew in the pink [emoji16] I kind of regret it since I never use it, I don't even like Chloe. I swear it's social media that makes me buy things I don't even like [emoji23]

+1!!! I bought the Chloe after seeing it worn on bloggers. The bag is gorgeous but after I tried to use it, I found it to be a bit impractical. Also, for what it is, the price point is way too high.

A majority of my purchases are due to me actively browsing on social media and Tpf. It helps me to make a decision before I hit the stores. For instance, currently I'm looking for a thin compact wallet, so I watch a ton of YT vids and go on IG until I find a winner. A few of my past social-media inspired items I bought and love: zippy compact wallet, key/cles, and SC bag.