Bags and reality..........

Shopmom, I find the old 80/20 rule applies to everything (80% of the work is done with 20% of the equipment). 80% of the time, you have a couple of great bags that always work. But for that other 20%, you do really need the other stuff.

It's like in the kitchen. I have a couple of pans I use every day. But when you really need a loaf pan or pie plate, nothing else will do. I'm not going value my pie plates less because I make pies only 3 or 4 times a year! They do the job I need them to do when I need them.

OTOH, if you're thinking about narrowing your collection, do tell us.......

shopmom, your rouge H box is truly, truly beautiful. How great that it turns out to be something you use a lot.

What gets used is such a mysterious thing and I just never know it will turn out. I've lusted after and obtained so many dream bags only to find that I don't use them. It's like lvrjrt said, it's like kitchenware, sweaters and everything else. When you get down to 4 treasures that you love and use, like your birkins and kellies, that's sweet.

I would have to say i am a birkin girl most of the time, am waiting for my tgm evelyne in blk that can take over the job of my prada sling.... have not used my jpg kelly and rarely use my orange vespa but will bring it to france for the summer...

Not in my case. I need to get out more to carry my babies! My rouge garance probably is fine to bring to work but the fuschia, I feel the color kind of too strong and will get too much attention at work. So do you think fuschia color is too much to carry to work? So far I have been carrying my red birkin only twice to work but I am looking forward to use her more..lol.
Now I need gold and black color for my everyday bag..that's my reality...:P :Push:

I wear my fuchsia Kelly to work and no problems. I tend to wear it with neutral/monochromatic clothes and jeans and the fuchsia Kelly adds a bit of spice to the outfit. Though, once in a while, for fun I wear my loud fuchsia suit with my fuchsia Kelly lol!

We should all be that fortunate LaVan. Good for you and great idea!^^

Shopmom, I can totally relate to what you are saying. That is why I really drive myself nuts about what I buy before I purchase it. I want a very small collection in which I will use the bags all quite equally. If my collection grows too large that will not happen.

You have done a fine job of streamlining and I think your are in the final stages of that. If you rarely use certain bags I say sell them. What good are they just sitting there and not being loved. Maybe one day something will really catch your eye or you will use the money for accessories...or maybe something other than Hermes that pulls you in.

Ask yourself have you regretted selling any of your bags yet? If no, chances are you are really thinking and you know yourself and what you want/need. You will be fine.

H bags are expensive and hard to come by. We have a 14 year old and we think 'College Tuition'. So, I make my purchases based on my lifestyle. Right now, only 1 H bag, and it was only after much consideration, decided to go for good ol' black although dark brown and dark red are more my colors. The 32 sellier kelly will carry me through day and more formal night events as in weddings etc.
The other items on my wish list would be:
1. Massai, as a messenger bag
2. Rouge H 37 Fjord Bolide
3. Travel bag in dark brown (the one that's on the Mdm/Mons. scarf, printed on the man)
Then I think I'll be done and the rest that comes after will really be icing on the cake. So I just hang on to this list and won't buy anything else until I've got what I wanted. So easy to stray in the H store!

ETA: my DH is not worried about the bags at all. he's more concerned with the scarf habit. Just the other day we had a conversation about it:
DH: When did they start printing scarves?
AM: 1937
DH: Okkk, so how many scarves a year?
AM: 2 collections a year, sometimes 12-16 scarves per collection.
DH: Oh geez! There is no end in sight for this scarf thing!

pricessfrog...we are all very different here...from different walks of life...have different beliefs/value systems...but there is a great deal of respect in our subforum. What works for one person probably wouldn't for another.

Nope, I'm an equal opportunity user (perhaps because my collection isn't that large)! Could be a Bolide, follwed by a Kelly, followed by GPT, followed by a Paris Bombay, followed by a Picotin. It really just depends on what I'm wearing and what the weather is doing. However, like hNe said, when I get a new bag, the newcomer does get preferential treatment for a while. :yes: