Bagpunk's Theory On Body And B-bag Shapes

Great thread Bagpunk! I always have trouble with bags looking too big on me, and this thread has helped me a lot. I'm five ft three & about 100 lbs (32-23-33), so a lot of b-bags I love like the giant day and new GH hobo don't look right for my frame. Sadly, I just saw a super cute hobo a few wks ago:crybaby: that the SA didn't like on me either! Right now I have found the first to fit best for me, but thanks to your thread I may be purchasing a box this week! :happydance:

I've been carrying my Origan Twiggy every day since January because I love the bag! And I think it looks smashing on me. Tiny purses disappear against me. (Although I do love my LV mini speedy sac HL for dinners out on Saturday nights.

Loved my mini speedy too! I am not young and thin either. Well workin on thin - some would say I"m thin - but I too carry my weight in the middle (even since the 'tummy tuck' :yahoo:

anyhoo, I carry the mini twiggy (both olive and turq) and my others are firsts.

You certainly don't have to actually look like a star to carry a fabulous bag. I agree

Interesting theory, I just go for the color and size I like and sort of wing it after a quick check in the mirror....

I never thought abt that way. I buy what I like. I have a city so it kinda looks big but perfect for work. I am 5'2", weight abt 145. I have a JLo butt, small top. I tend to hold the city by handles, not by my butt.

I am 5'1-1/2" with a compact athletic figure (34A, size 4 pants, some junk in the trunk). The City and Purse really work for me as larger bags. I have broad enough shoulders to offset the width of the bottom of those bags. The firsts are nice for bouncing around, and don't look dinky. But really the Twiggy works best.

All that being said, I must say that for the first time in my life, I found a bag that makes my butt look big -- the Brief. I was considering one, and went to Barneys. It flares out towards the bottom, and the bottom of the bag when carried on my shoulder hits right at hip level. omigod. Does this bag make me look fat? YES!

All that being said, I must say that for the first time in my life, I found a bag that makes my butt look big -- the Brief. I was considering one, and went to Barneys. It flares out towards the bottom, and the bottom of the bag when carried on my shoulder hits right at hip level. omigod. Does this bag make me look fat? YES!
Silly girl, I'm sure that was just your imagination! ;) I'm positive that the Brief did not make you look fat!!!

I actually found the opposite to be true with the Brief. I'm 5'2" and 104 lbs...slim all over but with a slight muffin top around my middle. It's a BIG bag...but I think the flared bottom (which also hits right at my hip) makes my hips look smaller in comparison.

Or....maybe it's just wishful thinking! :P

I agree with Bagpunk that different Bbag shapes can be a plus or a minus. Just like clothing fashion that are geometric shape inspired and have different silhouettes, they tend to make a body look this way or that way.

Fashion is an art of ILLUSION. It can work for you or against you.

Having said this, I'm sure if you know yourself well (or seek good advice), you can easily find Bbags that can compliment your body shape and make you look stunning~:drool:

i'm 5"1' and wear a size 4. i'm more of a pear shape since i think most of my weight is on my bottom half. so far...the first, twiggy, city, purse, and day work well for me. i tried on a work and PT but felt it was more of a tote bag than a purse on me. the brief and mini bowling looked okay on me, but i wasn't wow-ed.

i spend endless moments looking at my b-bag :P but started thinking about best shape for my body when i caught a glimpse of myself carrying one bag which i REALLY REALLY LIKED and did not like what i saw..! that was a surprise! thus was the AHA! moment :yes:

I agree with Bagpunk that different Bbag shapes can be a plus or a minus. Just like clothing fashion that are geometric shape inspired and have different silhouettes, they tend to make a body look this way or that way.

Fashion is an art of ILLUSION. It can work for you or against you.

Having said this, I'm sure if you know yourself well (or seek good advice), you can easily find Bbags that can compliment your body shape and make you look stunning~:drool:

well put GL :yes: