Baggy jumbo flap lining please help!

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
So at the weekend I exchanged my jumbo flap that was wonky and got a perfect one however last night when I took the paper inside out I noticed that the lining is not taught against the inside of the bag, it has a few wrinkles at the bottom and I can actually grab it and pull it away from the bag. What should I do? Nowhere has them in stock in London and the new double flaps are coming in. The bag that was wonky has a taught inside as have all other bags whereas this one is not attached at all. Any ideas?

I thought this is perfectly normal? My reissue also having the same inside lining which is not sticked to the base, as if they can be pulled out. Is this not normal? Pls let me know if it is not.

If you really don't like it, then exchange it for something else. Have you tried asking if they can find another one in the UK? Maybe post a pic, it may not be that bad.

I think I know what you mean. The interior base leather doesn't lie flat as if the leather has stretched. I've noticed this on some of my flaps too. Even the ones that I bought fresh stock at the boutiques have been like this. This stuff happens because these bags are handmade. It's hit or miss. If you're uncomfortable with it, then return it & wait for the perfect one to come along. Otherwise, it'll be in the back of your mind every time you carry it. That said, I don't know if it's worth it to wait & pay more if there's another price increase for a flaw that only you can see.

Mine too. Some kind of "extra material". not only is mine loose but I feel that the texture of the leather inside seems to be rougher than the other parts of the interior....

The lining is not supposed to be attached to the base of the bag so yours is perfectly normal and the wrinkles at the bottom are simply individual differences from bag to bag. As someone else mentioned the bags are handmade so they are all different. If you bought a bag that has perfect leather lining then it will still stretch out over time and have the similar effect. As far as my bags go...most of them have a few wrinkles in the lining either from use or because the bag came like that. It will happen eventually but if it bothers you then return the bag.

Last edited:
^ Sounds like this will nag at you. It's just better to return it & wait for another shipment. I was initially concerned too when I 1st started out with Chanel, so I inspected a lot of bags at the boutiques ---some of the bags are just like what you've described. Some of mine are like it too. What's important is that you're 100% happy. If this bothers you, just wait it out until you find a bag that's perfect to you.

mine is the same. like the lining was cut bigger than the size of the base, hence the excess bubbly leather... doesn't bother me, though. i'd rather a perfect exterior.