Bag with beige suede interior - does it get dirty?

gwen10

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Hi all! I am thinking about buying a MJ bag that has a beige suede interior. I don't have any experience with this and am wondering if the interior is hard to care for? Does it show dirt easily? This will be a bag I use often so I don't want to have to baby it!

in my personal experience, lightly colored interior always shows dirt/wear faster. one of my bags is lined in light light pink canvas and it needs cleaned SO BAD. :sad:

i believe some ladies have said that a suede brush helps keep it looking good and there have been recent raves for appleguard suede cleaner! :yes:

i don't really mind if the inside of my bag gets dirty...no one really sees it but me. ;)

I am not gonna lie..it does get dirty easily..and it shows up easily, but the suede isn't too hard to clean if you have the right products and tools..these ladies here can point you in the right direction for tools!!

lighter suede would get dirty, but then again, i dont' own any light colored suede lined bags, so i can't be sure. even the darker suede catches crumbs pretty easily, but i just take the lining out of the bag and use a lint roller on it. that usually does the trick.

Yes it does! My Blake has cream/white suede interior and it is filthy. I am going to make it my project to try to clean her up this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. The suede is SO gorgeous and really adds to the beauty of the bag...but somewhat impractical if you are going to make it an "everyday" bag (at least for me and my 2 kids...sippy cups, suckers...etc)

I was afraid of this! Why didn't I buy the Venetia w/the chocolate suede interior when I had the chance! The one at the boutique has light beige suede interior (thanks tadpole for the tip) so I think I am going to pass and *keep my fingers crossed* that resort 08 has a black soft calf Venetia w/raincoat lining!

Coming late, but I have to agree with everyone else. The beige suede of my Christy looks kind of grayish at the bottom. Fortunately the interior of my bags doesn't bother me much.
I tried the apple suede cleaner on a *filthy* dark suede lining (preowned bag from ebay) and it didn't take all the grime away. So, I don't think there's a product that does miracles.

Yes it does! My Blake has cream/white suede interior and it is filthy. I am going to make it my project to try to clean her up this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. The suede is SO gorgeous and really adds to the beauty of the bag...but somewhat impractical if you are going to make it an "everyday" bag (at least for me and my 2 kids...sippy cups, suckers...etc)

Please update us on how the cleaning goes. before and after pics would be great too:okay:

light colored suede will get dirty faster and easier than darker colors, esp around the inner zipper pocket and top of the bag that is exposed to the elements and your hands reaching in & out of the bag -- I find that regularly brushing the bag with a suede brush or even a large toothbrush helps (I actually have a large denture brush that I use on my suede lined bags!) -- I have also used Kiwi's suede cleaner on areas that are more heavily soiled which seems to help --

one *WARNING* about suede lined bags, esp light colored ones -- I don't know why it happens, but I've seen it a lot -- the ink from receipts left lying loose in your bag tends to rub off and/or bleed onto the suede -- I have seen instances (and it happened to me once) where you can actually make out the contents of the receipt on the lining of the bag! I don't know why this happens with suede and not canvas, but I've seen it MANY times!

My very first MJ bag had a light interior, after 4 months there were visible stains on the bag just from daily use. I was careful too! Every MJ I bought after that had dark suede (or fabric lining :tdown:).

one *WARNING* about suede lined bags, esp light colored ones -- I don't know why it happens, but I've seen it a lot -- the ink from receipts left lying loose in your bag tends to rub off and/or bleed onto the suede -- I have seen instances (and it happened to me once) where you can actually make out the contents of the receipt on the lining of the bag! I don't know why this happens with suede and not canvas, but I've seen it MANY times!

Good to know--thanks, iluv!
I keep receipts in my bags all the time; I'd better watch out for this.

Good to know--thanks, iluv!
I keep receipts in my bags all the time; I'd better watch out for this.

yea -- I don't know why it happens, but it happened in a bag I had a long time ago -- I was cleaning out my bag and down at the bottom on one side was an imprint from a receipt that was left loose inside my bag -- it wasn't the entire thing, but you could make out certain parts, like a carbon copy of the receipt! I couldn't figure out why this happened because I don't carry anything inside my bag that would create dampness or anything like that -- then while looking on ebay, I saw other people who were selling suede lined bags and their bags had the same type of imprints inside! I guess it's got something to do with the ink and the suede -- like I said before, it creates almost a carbon copy inside -- needless to say, I no longer leave receipts lying loose inside my suede lined bags!