Bag Wars

I've always found LVMH to be a fascinating company, whenever I got the chance in grad school to choose a company to research I always tried to choose something to do with them... They do have genuinely interesting business strategies. Thanks for posting the article. :biggrin:

Good stuff, I think the article's author is spot on with BA's intentions because of this:

"Which is what LVMH has been busy doing, acquiring what are known as cash-settle equity swaps. These financial instruments are often used by hostile buyers trying to amass a large stake in a publicly traded company without having to disclose their holdings. The use of equity swaps in takeover fights has caught the attention of the AMF, France’s equivalent of the Securities and Exchange Commission, causing AMF president Jean-Pierre Jouyet to liken the practice to the “Wild West.” Earlier this month the AMF announced it would investigate LVMH’s equity swaps to confirm that French rules were respected."

Thanks for sharing.

I have yet to see Vuitton in an outlet mall. Wonder how much the writter knows about real Vuitton. Maybe he saw fakes at an outlet mall....hmmm?

Probably.

But when speaking of the future - who knows. Once he gets his hands on Hermes (what he considers to be the ultimate luxury), I wonder will LV begin to go the way of the outlet mall / sales discounts like his other luxury brand while Hermes takes over as the 'exclusive' brand of his empire?